• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Dimensions Needed- Scoping Remington Model 37

Vodak

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2020
SF Peninsula
Trying to get a scope rail for a Remington Model 37 that I'm not in possession of. I'm hoping one of you guys has one you can measure, or knows of a dimensional print of the action with location of the barrel mounts relative to the factory butt. Would also be interested in the height of the barrel blocks relative to the action.
Longer version of the story is- Older friend of mine has a 37 he used to shoot competitively many years ago. While I've know him since I was a kid, by the time i developed an interest in small bore shooting he was too shaky to shoot it anymore. I've known about the rifle and how important it was to him for years, but have never had it out at the range with him. He's on his way out of this world and I'd like to try to get him and this gun out together one more time before he dies.
Currently missing it's iron sights, and not drilled and tapped for bases. It does have the original barrel mounted blocks, but it's far more practical to try to mount a modern optic that he or I already have than buy a Unertl for it. I'm looking at the BKL-254 or EGW Win 52 mount, both of which I've seen recommended for this purpose. The other option I'm interested in is the BKL 3/8 to Weaver adapter which like the EGW base would give me a little room to move the position, and use newer bigger diameter scopes. I'd like the measurements so I can see what I have in the way of scopes/eye relief to try to put a workable combination together. If anyone has a 513T as well and could compare the two even better. I have one of them and could use it to mock up the layout. I'm open to suggestions on how best to get this back on the range if anyone knows of another option.
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Trying to get a scope rail for Remington Model 37 that I'm not in possession of. I'm hoping one of you guys has one you can measure, or knows of a dimensional print of the action with location of the barrel mounts relative to the factory butt. Would also be interesed in the height of the barrel blocks relative to the action.
Longer version of the story is- Older friend of mine has a 37 he used to shoot competitively many years ago. While I've know him since I was a kid, by the time i developed an interest in small bore shooting he was too shaky to shoot it anymore. I've known about the rifle and how important it was to him for years, but have never had it out at the range with him. He's on his way out of this world and I'd like to try to get him and this gun out together one more time before he dies.
Currently missing it's iron sights, and not drilled and tapped for bases. It does have the original barrel mounted blocks, but it's far more practical to try to mount a modern optic that he or I already have than buy a Unertl for it. I'm looking at the BKL-254 or EGW Win 52 mount, both of which I've seen recommended for this purpose. The other option I'm interested in is the BKL 3/8 to Weaver adapter which like the EGW base would give me a little room to move the postion, and use newer bigger diameter scopes. I'd like the measurements so I can see what I have in the way of scopes/eye relief to try to put a workable combination together. If anyone has a 513T as well and could compare the two even better. I have one of them and could use it to mock up the layout. I'm open to suggestions on how best to get this back on the range if anyone knows of another option.
Thanks in advance
Supposedly this EGW mount attaches right on to the rear Unertl barrel block.
ETA:
There are 3 versions, 0, 20 MOA and -20 MOA, the barrel profile matters as to which you want.

I had my Winchester 52C drilled and tapped for a "modern" scope base. 8" 30-MOA Murphy Precision Rail and it was off to the races. It was my main NRL22/PRS Rimfire rig for a few years and I plan on working it back into the rotation. No regrets on what it may have lost in collectability.
IMG_7827.jpeg