Do I need to remove the Firing Pin to check go no/go on a Defiance Ruckus Action

GunnyUSMC

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Supporter
Nov 24, 2022
SC
I have a new barrel machined for my Defiance Ruckus Action. Now i am mounting it. The process is simple. I have the barrel vise, action wrench and go no/go gauges.

My question is whether or not I need to remove the firing pin and or extractor from the bolt first before checking the go no/go gauges

On my Zermat Arms Origion Action, i had to remove my extractor before checking the go no-go gauges and wasnt sure if that was consistent for all actions.

I would remove anything with spring pressure. Origin is easy as the firing pin group pops out and it has a mechanical ejector.
Your rukus would have a spring ejector I think so take it out. I’d remove the firing pin control as well.

Reactions: Terry Cross
thanks for all the feedback. I did order the firing pin removal took for Defiance bolts. Now just gotta figure out how to strip it down.

thanks for all the feedback. I did order the firing pin removal took for Defiance bolts. Now just gotta figure out how to strip it down.
You dont need a fancy tool

I just use the shoelace on my shoe and I keep it pulled back for multiple rotations until free instead of messing with the penny slot that may or may not actually exist on your firing pin.

If you have a crf rukus with no spring ejector then you are good.
If you have the other three then you will want to use a fine punch (or nail) and hammer the retaining cross pin out. Dont pull the punch back out until you cover up that ejector so it doesnt go flying across the room and off into the void when its freed.
1727964866111.png