PRS Talk DOPE Card holder to Snap on Rail

Yowzilla

Private
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2018
Any one want to test this DOPE card holder from Yow-Tech?

For more info www.yow-tech.com

Attachments

• IMG_1503.jpg
    IMG_1503.jpg
    348.7 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_1502.JPG
    IMG_1502.JPG
    857.1 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
The BLAMM is used a lot but the Yow-Tech has a few differences. Toolless snap on to rail that can be removed between stages. Adjustable bendi thing length and slide in cards that can prepared ahead of match based on COF. Last difference is the pen is eraseable ink with eraser.

Yowzilla, I wouldn't mind trying out one of those dope card holders. Have a home made one now, but it looks more like the ones on your webpage that are meant to point out why a guy should buy yours! :)

PM me your information and I will get one in the mail if you can pay the $7 shipping. I would also ask that you proved some feedback on what you think. Are you planing to use it in a match?

I just looked at their website. Cards are bigger than a business card, but the kit comes with several cards. They say they are washable to reuse. Wonder how the writing would hold up in the rain. The do have a pretty cool chamber flag for Voodoo .22s.

I just looked at their website. Cards are bigger than a business card, but the kit comes with several cards. They say they are washable to reuse. Wonder how the writing would hold up in the rain. The do have a pretty cool chamber flag for Voodoo .22s.

I haven’t tried the dope card holder yet as I prefer mine on my arm.

But I know Charlie personally and he’s a stand up guy. The chamber flags for vudoo are badass and he’s got a few more ideas that sound good.

Buy with confidence. I promise you he will back up his products.

Reactions: Yowzilla
I haven’t tried the dope card holder yet as I prefer mine on my arm.

But I know Charlie personally and he’s a stand up guy. The chamber flags for vudoo are badass and he’s got a few more ideas that sound good.

Buy with confidence. I promise you he will back up his products.

Thanks for the support Dave!! We missed you at the freezing cold Marksman on Sunday....

We shot with some heavy mist and the text was still readable but any brush against anything and it would erase. I know some use a wax pen. The Credit card sized cards (Exactly NRL membership card size and thickness) are plastic and could be written on with the non-terminate pin included or a wax pen I may offer.

Guys....First thanks for the overwhelming response.....I have sent over 5 DOPE cards out in the last two weeks and I am trying to meet the other request that I currently have.

For the few that are still waiting for a response please be patient and I will get to them made as soon as I can.

I am also working hard at a few new designs for chamber flags in other popular actions. This is taking most of my time out side of the real job and family first....

Thanks for the response...

Guys....First thanks for the overwhelming response.....I have sent over 5 DOPE cards out in the last two weeks and I am trying to meet the other request that I currently have.

For the few that are still waiting for a response please be patient and I will get to them made as soon as I can.

I am also working hard at a few new designs for chamber flags in other popular actions. This is taking most of my time out side of the real job and family first....

Thanks for the response...

Over 5!!!

I dunno how you do it Charlie. ?

Dope Card Holder review:

Charlie sent me one of his dope card holders to try out and post a review.
I received it at the start of January and have been using it while building a new rifle and getting the dope dialed in as well as using it in a couple matches this Feb and March.

Compared to my homemade solution, this is a much slicker product!

Attachment:
The picatinny attachment point snaps on easily and has never popped off. It stays on after taking the rifle in and out of my drag bag style case for the last couple months. No issues at at. If I want to take it off, it pops off quick and easy.

Flexible arm:
The rubber bendy thing works great. Place where you want it to see while shooting and it stays put. Bend towards rifle to store in the case.
Threading the bendy wire through the picatinny mount is a MUCH cleaner way to mount than my old solution of wrapping it around the scope.
The bendy wire protrudes through the picatinny mount a little which I thought was weird when I first saw it, but as soon as I used it, it became clear that this was on purpose to give you something to grab to easily pop the picatinny mount off the rail. Clever.

Card holder:
Looks simple, but after using for a while, it is clear that some thought was put into this.
The cards slip into and out of the holder very easily, but will not fall out regardless of the orientation of the rifle. (upright, sideways, upside-down)
The face of the holder does not rub against the back of the card when sliding it in or out which is important to keep from rubbing off any dope information that is written on the back side of the card.

Cards:
These are a nice size and the non permanent ink stays on them very well. The front and back are the same so you can use both sides. You have to rub the ink pretty hard with a sleeve or tissue to get it to come off. This is good so that your dope doesn't come off if the card rubs against things.
The ink comes off much easier if you spit on it or use a wet tissue.
This is good and bad because using it in rain could be an issue. Water drops don't cause the ink to come off immediately, but if anything touches or rubs it when wet, the ink gets messed up.
An easy solution that I have thought about, but not tried is to put a little clear plastic baggie over it if using in the rain. I saw some others here talk about possibly using a wax pen... haven't tried that either.

I got three cards with my dope holder. This is good for six stages if you write on front and back of each card. It is nice to write the dope for each stage on the cards ahead of time.
I suppose you could put dope for more than one stage on a side of the card, but I would rather not to make sure I don't make a mistake in the heat of shooting a stage.
I looked on Charlie's web page and it says the dope holder comes with 5 cards now, so that should be plenty for any match. Most of the ones around here have around 8 stages.

Pen:
Simple non permanent, erasable pen. The one thing to comment on is that it has a nice, fine tip to make the dope easy to fit on the card and still be readable.

Overall, I am very pleased with the dope holder card!
I have every intention to use it for this (and many more) seasons of match shooting.
It is much quicker than looking at dope on an arm band for me.

Thanks again Charlie for giving me this dope holder to use!! I hope the feedback is useful to you and others looking for a place to record their dope.
I'd highly recommend this product to anyone looking for an easy way to read/write their dope!

Cheers,
Mike

Awesome review and feedback...Thanks Rimfire.....

Also check out my new MagFlag for PRS......We have them for AICS and AW magazine formats as well as the V-22 Vudoo version of AICS.

I've been using it for awhile. One thing I would like is some paper cards. I've been cutting them out on my own. I like the idea of having the dry erase, but it can smudge during a stage and you could loose some dope. I would prefer having a permanent cards as opposed to the dry erase. Works good though. Maybe a card that you can slide a piece of paper into..... Just a thought. It's a nice design though. It's held up really well. Oh PS. I did purchase mine though. So you can say this is a pretty honest review. I think the solution is solid. I like the fact that if the rail piece breaks, I do have a spare. It's a simplistic solution though. I like it.

Last edited: