Suppressors Dream 1911?

Re: Dream 1911?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jpmuscle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SA TRP Pro or PRO Operator. </div></div>

I agree. I've owned just about all the semi-customs and the only one I still have is a Springer Pro Operator. Now if I were going full custom I would love to have a Vickers.

I went with Wilson.
cixcqbtacle1.jpg

CHRIS

I'd rather have a half dozen 1911s of various sizes rather than my "dream 1911."

My Kimbers, mim and all, do just fine for me. Both are governments, though, and I wouldn't mind having a commander, cco, and officer to round out the collection.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Salmonaxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One made by Larry Vickers. </div></div>

I gotta go with you on this one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevin_Deaton</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jpmuscle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SA TRP Pro or PRO Operator. </div></div>

I agree. I've owned just about all the semi-customs and the only one I still have is a Springer Pro Operator. Now if I were going full custom I would love to have a Vickers. </div></div>

The history and current scope of sales is what does it for me. My old man has one but he wont part with it lol

If I were looking -

Talk to Dave Lauck (DL Sports) or Steve Morrison (MARS Guns.com), CT Brian as well, but tough to get time for...... Larry V. build would be "nice" as well. These are fightin units that do look good.

Paul Liebenberg's work is incredible. So is Chuck Rogers handiwork.

Heirloom Precision is another -

Enough here to nuke any bank account.

Vickers, Harrison, Miller, Morrison, CT Brian, Tussey, lots of top guys there. Volkmann I think will be right there with them as his reputation grows.

Chuck Rogers would be my first pick, just because what he prefers as far as style/aesthetics is what jives with what I like, everything he makes I just drool over. There's no way you could go wrong with any of them though.

Wilson, Brown, Nighthawk, Baer.....good guns owned and shot them all, but the problem is they are just as expensive as the above guys in many cases and the end product is not up to par. Wait time is a whole lot less though!

I have my dream 1911 on order right now...
grin.gif
Nighthawk custom enforcer built on a recon frame, 10-8 rear sight,black G10 gunner grips, solid trigger,no markings on slide, and entire pistol covered in diamond black finish. Add X300 and my duty ammo and it will be on my side.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 168grSolution</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Assuming budget isn't an issue...what would your "Dream" 1911 be? Ed Brown, Wilson, Les Baer, etc..

Talking functional not a show piece.

168gr </div></div>

P1070108a.jpg

P1070105a.jpg

P1070101a.jpg

P1070100a.jpg

P1070096a.jpg

P1070088a.jpg

This is a 10mm Commander built on a Caspian Frame and Slide. All work is done by hand by Tim at Grizzly Custom (my sister company) We're also doing Retro's and Tactical Packages as well....

Nope! but my bro is an IPSC smith... Actually he's an all around smith. Too bad his shop is in the Philippines. Few of the gun he built made it to World Shoot. One notable was an STI shot by a Filipina competitor that won the ladies open class in 02 in Petiersburg, South Africa. He is also good with AR rifles. Here's one with a modified bolt to slow the M-16 rate of fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD71OG5dK1U

I looked at Ed Brown's this weekend and I probably shouldn't have...I can't get them out of my head. Anyway, I like the full size but would consider the carry model for everyday carry.

So, I guess my NEXT question is would you get both versions of your "Drean 1911"?

Dave's Metal Works, Springfield frame, GI National Match slide, Bar Sto barrel.
It's great having a pistolsmith that listens to what you want and offers great advice.Plus his shop is 20 minutes from me.

gray19111cl.jpg

gray1911muzzle4wp.jpg