• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

-E error on FX120i

Drvred

Private
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2019
Anybody else have this?
It goes away with recalibration, but usually shows up at least once every reloading session.
I use an Autotrickler V4, and I love it, it's dropped my SDs to 6ish with my nonannealed 6.5 Creedmoor.

The only time I get it is if I turn on the scale with my cup sitting on it.

Remove the cup from the scale.
Plug in the scale.
Let it go through its warm up
Turn the scale on with the far left button.
If the E comes up zero with the orange button.
Place your cup on the scale and tare with the orange button.
Done.

I’m not home so I’m going by memory but the only time I see the E is if the scale is turned on with the cup on the pan.

Edit: I re read your post. I never get it during a loading session.
Is your scale only turned on when you load?
Is it possible that the scale drifts due to room temperature fluctuations and it goes out of range?

My scale is always left on.

My reloading room has no air ducts to prevent air currents and I have a heated floor to try and keep the room temperature stable during the winter months.

Last edited:
I turn the scale on with the cup present. When the cup is off the tray it says e and I assume that means it’s empty, put the cup back and its 0 again.

This.

When the scale is tared with any weight on it (I leave my cup on it as well), it well use that as the datum when its turned on, or after you tare it to that.

If that weight is removed, it will be below the datum level and will show that error.

Hitting the zero/tare button should eliminate that error (if you don't want it to be tared to your cup weight).

Make sure there is no powder or other debris under the pan(s). If I recall correctly, the error code that appears if several kernels of stick powder rolls under the bottom pan ("pan support" in the user manual) is "error 01" or somesuch. Not "E." But ensuring the area under the pan is clean is still a good thing.