• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Eagle industries hsrc??

Rocko1989

Private
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2018
How difficult is it to find those Eagle industries hsrc? You thing Eagle industries would make them still if they saw how popular they are. And did they just make black,tan,od green or did they make other colors . Just wondering these and the usmc scope caps seem to be the unicorn of the m40a3/a5 clone builds.

Curiously, their website says they take custom orders if the order is large enough. Could a Hide Vintage Group Buy be big enough?

I'd be more curious what could be sourced through DRMO or whatever other milsurp avenures there are, just have no idea where to start with that.

Me either but that is an awesome idea , could be big cause alot of guys love them and snatch them up when they come up . I mean McMillan made some repro stocks of the original "smear" stocks I'd imagine they would if the demand is high

How difficult is it to find those Eagle industries hsrc? You thing Eagle industries would make them still if they saw how popular they are. And did they just make black,tan,od green or did they make other colors . Just wondering these and the usmc scope caps seem to be the unicorn of the m40a3/a5 clone builds.

I like the Eagle Industries HSRC's too. They don't seem to turn up that often.

I have had a couple green ones that I associate more with the M24, along with the other Eagle Industries green items issued with the M24. The tan ones I associate more with the M110. I have seen khaki and coyote, with the colors labeled "KH" and others labeled "SCOY". The coyote looks slightly darker to me.

They made the SCOY as recently as 2017. I picked some of those up on Eagle Industries webpage a few years ago.

Reactions: Rocko1989
I like the Eagle Industries HSRC's too. They don't seem to turn up that often.

I have had a couple green ones that I associate more with the M24, along with the other Eagle Industries green items issued with the M24. The tan ones I associate more with the M110. I have seen khaki and coyote, with the colors labeled "KH" and others labeled "SCOY". The coyote looks slightly darker to me.

They made the SCOY as recently as 2017. I picked some of those up on Eagle Industries webpage a few years ago.
Well hoping they either make them again and than me and many others can get one

About 5 years ago a lot of well used Eagle Industires HSRC's showed up on the auction sites. I bought one that was really salty. It had debris all over it and even had a pair of pruning shears in one of the pockets. After a few days I noticed it stunk bad, so I finally had to take it out and hose it off.

I think it would be a great idea to get with eagle industries and see if they could bring it back and they would sell like hot cakes , I sent them an email but haven't heard yet. I bet a big group order would work but idk how to that would even work

Curiously, their website says they take custom orders if the order is large enough. Could a Hide Vintage Group Buy be big enough?

I'd be more curious what could be sourced through DRMO or whatever other milsurp avenures there are, just have no idea where to start with that.
Doesn’t @redneckbmxer24 do a lot of this type of stuff? Maybe he had some insight on how to find them

Reactions: M8541Reaper
Doesn’t @redneckbmxer24 do a lot of this type of stuff? Maybe he had some insight on how to find them
I'm not sure there, would be interesting if someone around here has a clue how that would work though.

Our STA platoon used to go shopping at DRMO on base all the time for shit, BN was poor as hell and we needed a lot of different gear that a standard rifle battalion didn't have all the time. Mountain rucks, flight suits, 2qt canteens, additional SAW pouches, extra cammies to make ghillies from, helmet and kit bags, old school canvas jump cases for rifles we would then paint up and ghillie too (painting the Eagle bags was frowned upon), we'd get all sorts of shit from DRMO. We were poor bastards, I think I was getting about $800/mo then as a Corporal.

We didn't say STA stood for Steal-Take-Acquire for nothing.

I'm not sure there, would be interesting if someone around here has a clue how that would work though.

Our STA platoon used to go shopping at DRMO on base all the time for shit, BN was poor as hell and we needed a lot of different gear that a standard rifle battalion didn't have all the time. Mountain rucks, flight suits, 2qt canteens, additional SAW pouches, extra cammies to make ghillies from, helmet and kit bags, old school canvas jump cases for rifles we would then paint up and ghillie too (painting the Eagle bags was frowned upon), we'd get all sorts of shit from DRMO. We were poor bastards, I think I was getting about $800/mo then as a Corporal.

We didn't say STA stood for Steal-Take-Acquire for nothing.
Dang that is crazy , on the case finding isn't there other options out there? I've seen cheap clones of the eagle industries but nothing great. I know Galati gear makes one that's pretty close.

Dang that is crazy , on the case finding isn't there other options out there? I've seen cheap clones of the eagle industries but nothing great. I know Galati gear makes one that's pretty close.
TacOps is my personal drag bag, it’s tits. Don’t know if they still make them though, I’m too poor to go on their site right now and don’t need the temptation.

TacOps is my personal drag bag, it’s tits. Don’t know if they still make them though, I’m too poor to go on their site right now and don’t need the temptation.
I like the look of those but I wanted it for the clone aspect and shooting so idk , I've seen triad tactical and like there's but I've seen guys use some cheap ones with no problems but you get what you pay for so

Not doing your wallet any favors…..

Ah I see 😆 , thought you meant eagle industries lol

Reactions: Coejro
If you want it for the clone aspect, then by all means hold out for an Eagle bag and keep the eyes open on eBay for your best bet. Have your wallet open, people pay top dollar for them.

If you want to really use it, drag it and beat on it, the TacOps is head and shoulders a better made bag all around.

I hear you and I'm a guy who likes using his stuff and the eagle is cool but unless I find a smoking deal I'll either get a good quality one or try out the 2 closest ones I have seen .

Or

Once upon a time it seemed like everybody made these shooting mat/drag bag combos, now they're candidates for the endangered species list. I found a couple other options you might want to look at. Of the two you have linked, Galati might be worth a try. If VISM/NC Star is made by the same Chinese company that made/makes UTG soft goods (and I think they are), I'd steer clear. Every UTG nylon product I've had has fallen apart.

Precision Underground

Blackhawk Tactical (they don't seem to have these listed on their website, so had to go with ebay link)

Ukraine Imports on ebay

While not a drag bag, the Full Spectrum Solution Mat does pack up nicely. Worth a consideration, imo

I thought the galati would be a good trade off , I mean I want an eagle industries one but maybe next time I go to California I can look at the surplus stores out there.

Once upon a time it seemed like everybody made these shooting mat/drag bag combos, now they're candidates for the endangered species list. I found a couple other options you might want to look at. Of the two you have linked, Galati might be worth a try. If VISM/NC Star is made by the same Chinese company that made/makes UTG soft goods (and I think they are), I'd steer clear. Every UTG nylon product I've had has fallen apart.

Precision Underground

Blackhawk Tactical (they don't seem to have these listed on their website, so had to go with ebay link)

Ukraine Imports on ebay

While not a drag bag, the Full Spectrum Solution Mat does pack up nicely. Worth a consideration, imo
I thought about getting the vism/ncstar and have a buddy reinforce it with his industrial sewing machine . But it was just a thought, even though I'm trying to hold out for an Eagle Industries

I thought about getting the vism/ncstar and have a buddy reinforce it with his industrial sewing machine . But it was just a thought, even though I'm trying to hold out for an Eagle Industries
That would be a good idea. Straps and handles were always the first to go on the chinesium gear I had. If you plan on using the MOLLE webbing, it may need modification as well because the spacing between rows is often not right or uneven. Buckles are also a cheaper, not as durable plastic compared to the ITW buckles used in American made gear.

That would be a good idea. Straps and handles were always the first to go on the chinesium gear I had. If you plan on using the MOLLE webbing, it may need modification as well because the spacing between rows is often not right or uneven. Buckles are also a cheaper, not as durable plastic compared to the ITW buckles used in American made gear.
Surprisingly I have alot of those ITW buckles, was even tempted to make one from scratch

Unfortunately talked to a gentleman and seemed like it would be alot more in price to have eagle industries make them again but then again idk
I mean end of day, what could we really be talking in terms of cost. It’s a shame the other companies don’t pick up the torch on it.

Perhaps @Lowlight knows how to pull some strings or has some contacts for an exclusive SH group buy/limited run Eagle HSRC?

Reactions: Redmanss