• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Eberlestock Update: Gunslinger 2

ceylonc

Eberlestock Dealer
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2006
Memphis, TN
Guys,

Just heard back from Eberlestock and some of their backordered models are BACK IN STOCK!!! They're filling backorders now and here is what is NOW AVAILABLE FOR IMMEDIATE SHIPPING!!!!

--Coyote Brown;
--<span style="font-weight: bold">MILITARY GREEN</span>;
--<span style="font-weight: bold">DRY EARTH</span>;
--<span style="font-weight: bold">MULTICAM</span>;
--Black;
--UNICAM Digital;
--Hide Open Western Slope;
--Hide Open Rock Veil;
--Mossy Oak Infinity;

If you're interested in picking up one of these fantastic packs, don't hesitate to get in touch! I've put together a 'Hide member promo for the Eberlestock Gunslinger II that can be obtained via PM, email or phone call.

Thanks for looking & just ask if you have questions about best use/application for the Gunslinger 2 vs. other Eberlestock packs. Their layouts do vary & I'd be happy to assist in helping you select the best one for YOUR needs.

Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com
(901)334-6808
[email protected]

Re: Eberlestock Update: Gunslinger 2

hi ceylonc,

i'm looking for a backpack for hunting with heavies rifles.most of my trip are one or two days long,no more.i like the lodrag as it's very compact but don't know if it will be enough big,
in your opinion is the GS2 a better way to go?

thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bob7-08</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hi ceylonc,

i'm looking for a backpack for hunting with heavies rifles.most of my trip are one or two days long,no more.i like the lodrag as it's very compact but don't know if it will be enough big,
in your opinion is the GS2 a better way to go?

thanks </div></div>
Thanks for your question. Both the Eberlestock X3 LoDrag and Gunslinger 2 will work for your intended application but which is better is going to depend on exactly how you want to load your pack, what you're going to load, and overall capacity needs.

As far as the scabbard & harness system is concerned, it is identical between both packs & neither should have any problem with your weapon. They will each accomodate a weapon up to 60 inches long & will be more than adequate for the width of your rifle & scope setup.

The internal compartment capacity between the two packs is definitely something to consider. The Eberlestock X3 LoDrag is going to run around 2,300 cubic inches vs. 2,900 cubic inches for the Gunslinger II. The compartment has a divider with the X3, giving the user the option to run two vertical compartments or one main compartment (by lowering the divider). The Gunslinger 2 has no divider & uses just one large compartment.

Weight between the 2 packs is also a consideration, with the X3 running aroun 5.5 pounds while the Gunslinger II is around 7 pounds. The fabric & construction is also different, with the X3 using 420d ripstop nylon. The GS II is made up of 500d Cordura.

My advice is that both packs should work for you. However, the Gunslinger II is going to be better suited if you plan on hauling in excess of 50 pounds of gear. If your loads are going to be less, then it is pretty much a wash between the two & comes down to personal preference.

Please ask if you have additional questions. Hope this helps!

Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.con
(901)334-6808

Thank you for all these informations,

as i will use this bag for hunting in quite hard conditions,is the lodrag as rugged as the GS2?
sorry for this question but i don't know the difference between 420d ripstop nylon and 500 d cordura..
i send you an email concerning shipping cost because i want to order few other things.concerning the shooting mat is it enough rugged to be use on a rock ground?
although can you tell me if eberlestock make ammo cards or pouches please.

regards

**STOCK UPDATE**

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the MULTICAM option for the Gunslinger II has gone on backorder AGAIN! I'm working on getting a couple shipped to me but will most likely be denied.

Eberlestock is telling me that MULTICAM won't be back in stock until late October. If you've been considering a Gunslinger 2 in Dry Earth, inventory has been depleted & I wouldn't wait long to place an order! Both Dry Earth & Multicam just came back in stock last week but there was a large existing backorder and supplies are low...

Please get in touch via email, PM or phone if you're interested in grabbing one of these packs while they're still available.

Thanks
Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com
(901)334-6808

for hiking for more than one day: gunslinger 2 and (personal preference) in dry earth

did well for a 3 day hike, including climbing gear, sleeping bag and self-sustaining requirements (bread, water, ...; we've been in an area without water, about 2500m above sea level). still had a bit of spare space.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hank440</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any word on the Eberlestock rifle stock yet ? </div></div>

Unfortunately, no. The last I heard is this MIGHT have specs & pricing by October. You're not the only guy hoping for details & I'll be sure to post as sure as I hear something...

Thanks
Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com

thanks ceylonc
grin.gif

Do you have a picture of the unicam camo?
Do you think this pack would fit an AIAW with a folding stock or TRG 42 with folding stocks?
I have to check for lenght.
Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually... I ordered unicam. Phew. The unicams did come in right? </div></div>
Vince,

Yep, came in yesterday & will be shipping to Oz today!!! Enjoy the gear my man!

Thanks
Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jp67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have a picture of the unicam camo?
Do you think this pack would fit an AIAW with a folding stock or TRG 42 with folding stocks?
I have to check for lenght.
Thanks </div></div>
Thanks for your interest! I actually am shipping a Gunslinger 2 to 77390 Ozouer Le Voulgis in France today.

Here are some pics of the Unicam digital camo pattern. The pack being shown is Eberlestock's Halftrack:

P1110348Medium.jpg

P1110349Medium.jpg

Regarding your question, the scabbard for the Gunslinger II pack will have no problem accomodating your weapon setup. You can run a rifle up to 60 inches with no issues.

Thanks again for your interest & just ask if you have additional questions. And, YES, I DO SHIP INTERNATIONALLY!!! In the last month alone I've shipped Eberlestock backpacks to France, Australia, Norway, Hawaii, Canada, Ireland, and England...

Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com
(901)334-6808

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jp67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the difference in color between the Dry earth and the Coyote Brown?
They don't say anything about the Coyoye brown regarding that model

http://craven1.apollohosting.com/miva/me...ategory_Code=TP </div></div>
Here are the differences between the two colors:

http://eberlestock.com/Dry%20Earth%20and%20Solid%20Colors.htm

Look at the 2nd picture in the link. There is a pack laying next to a pouch. The pack is Dry Earth, the pouch is Coyote Brown.

As a side note, your order shipped via US Priority Mail yesterday! It should be at your door in France in 7-10 days.

Thanks!
Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com