ELR Barrel Opinions

Rocketmandb

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Nov 2, 2018
    For larger, heavier bullets (.375+, ~350gr+) let's hear it for what you're looking for in a barrel:

- Gain twist?
    - LH/RH?
    - Manufacturer?

For my upcoming 37XC build I'm so far thinking Bartlein, gain 12-8.

Ks barrels out of canada one of the finest cut rifle barrels made and they make them in 3 weeks you will be waiting 12 to 18 weeks for bartline and bartline cost more as well. KS is a better barrel then
    bartline and they will make any size twist and length

Reactions: Northman623
    Lilja 1-10 for 352/350 in 375 and 1-15 for 50 BMG and they shoot lights out.

I would not run a gain twist unless I was uber experienced and knew exactly waht I was getting into

Reactions: huang
    Lilja 1-10 for 352/350 in 375 and 1-15 for 50 BMG and they shoot lights out.

I would not run a gain twist unless I was uber experienced and knew exactly waht I was getting into

I bought two Bartlein barrels through Mile High. For the 6.5 PRC, Mile High's gunsmith recommended an 8/7 LHGT because I planned to shoot solids. I do not have a load fully optimized but so far so good. I was told that large twist changes in GT are not good. For the 300 PRC, I was recommended not to use GT. I followed advice and received an awesome barrel.

The above may have limited applicability to the big boomers like 375 and above, so YMMV.