ELR Match Record Keeping Request

Sandow the Heretic

Private
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2017
In trying to generate a unified ranking of ELR shooters I've been gathering records from every match so they are as accurate and inclusive as possible. I now have 1 match series that the only available records are the place of each shooter and more detailed records have been lost. One match series that doesn't publish any of it. Two match events where records were lost entirely.

If you care about records as shooters, ask match directors for the results to include hits/misses for each shot, the ranges of each target and the full name of competitors. Be proactive and take a picture of the match results. Some of the data that is missing was lost when a laptop was destroyed. Shit happens and it is cheap insurance to grab a copy.

For match directors, I strongly encourage electronic record keeping and standard backup practices. I have a spreadsheet set up with two match formats using our scoring system here:
I'm happy to customize this for any other match format or scoring system and I'd be happy to make a version optimized for Numbers on the iPad if anyone needs it. Good record keeping isn't much work and will save you some headaches down the road.

-Alex