ELR vacation

senna.bra

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2007
FL, Tampa
Hi all,

I live in FL and the longest range I can shoot at is 1,000 yards. I am planning on traveling in the summer towards the West, and I am looking for locations where I could safely shoot beyond 1,000 yards. Maybe a place where I could find a rental during the summer, bring the family along and do some shooting. I am looking for a place where the weather is not supper hot as it is one of the main reasons why I will be vacationing outside of FL in the summer months.

Any thoughts?

Thank you very much,

SC

senna.bra,

Check out the NRA's Whittington Center in Raton NM - family-friendly affordable lodging onsite, multiple ranges and long range accessibility. I went there in June with a group of friends - I will return!

Yep, +1 for Whittington. Not sure if they'll let you access the Backcountry for distances greater than 1K. Check out Whittington U/Professional Marksman training there. Jon is a good instructor, and has a legit facility there at Whittington. Be advised, Whttington is rustic and has little to no services, and Raton is, well, a shithole. All that being said, great place to shoot and hang out.

And if you are so inclined, there is a XLR rifle class at Gunsite Academy in northern Arizona on October 6-9. You'll get the chance to shoot 2000 meter target with expert instruction. I heard that there are open slots yet t fill.

Switzerland,.....stunning scenery and more ranges than you can shake a stick at. Distances??? 2500+ elevation, declination and multiple wind vectors,...up down and accross valleys etc.