ERA TAC adjustable questions

Arcticshooter

Private
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2012
Alaska
I'm getting ready to order an ERA-TAC Gen2 30mm Adjustable w/Levers 0-20 MRAD.
What I need to know is:
How much clearance do I need under the objective bell to clear at maximum elevation

Also, I'm looking at the 25mm; 30mm ; 35mm as height options, but not sure how to determine what I need to clear the scope and not be looking at the barrel/muzzle.

Appreciate the help.

I have the 34mm tube diameter, 30mm (edit) height mount with a 30moa Nightforce base. This combo clears (just barely) the end of a 27" barrel + brake when dialed up to full adjustment of 70moa. As you can tell, my cheek riser has to be fairly tall to compensate but I've got freakishly high cheek bones so take it with a grain of salt.

It's a great system, very repeatable. I've used it to make impacts with my 300WM out to 2900yds+ in competition.

Attachments

• 6071694C-7408-4517-909A-F14600CFB267.jpg
    6071694C-7408-4517-909A-F14600CFB267.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Reactions: Arcticshooter
Just so we are all on the same page and there is no misinformation out there...unless I am mistaken (or you are using that weird Eurooptic conversions that they tried to do), 30mm rings come in 20mm and 25mm heights. 34mm rings come in 20mm, 25mm, and 30mm heights. 36mm rings come in 22mm height.

NOTE: Era-tac measures their ring hight from the rail to the bottom of the rings, not from the rail to center. This is what Eurooptic tried to correct for but last I checked, didn't do it for all models which is why I found it very confusing when browsing their website. See chart and drawing below. Focus on the last digits of the part numbers to verify before ordering from EO.

EDITED TO ADD: For the US conversion we are familiar with, add BH (in inches) and 1/2 ring diameter converted to inches. For example:

34mm rings in 30mm height
BH in Inches = 1.18"
1/2 (34mm) converted to inches = 0.669291"
1.18" + 0.67" = 1.85" high rings. This is what you will find on EO.
Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 4.09.07 PM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Arcticshooter
Just so we are all on the same page and there is no misinformation out there...unless I am mistaken (or you are using that weird Eurooptic conversions that they tried to do), 30mm rings come in 20mm and 25mm heights. 34mm rings come in 20mm, 25mm, and 30mm heights. 36mm rings come in 22mm height.

NOTE: Era-tac measures their ring hight from the rail to the bottom of the rings, not from the rail to center. This is what Eurooptic tried to correct for but last I checked, didn't do it for all models which is why I found it very confusing when browsing their website. See chart and drawing below. Focus on the last digits of the part numbers to verify before ordering from EO.

View attachment 7544839
Appreciate the correction...yes, I'm using the 34mm tube diameter mount, 30mm height. Couldn't remember offhand, just knew I had the tallest they make and assumed that was 35mm. I've corrected my post above.

Reactions: Yerman
Appreciate the input guys.

I contacted Europtic this morning and had a very clear, concise and easy conversation with a guy in customer service.
After collecting the Data:
Rifle; Scope; Base; Caliber; and my intention to max out the Era Tac adjustment without bumping the Objective and barrel, or obscuring the target at that 20MRAD max.
He informed me that I would need 1.25" to the center of the scope tube.
A+ for Customer Service, so far.

I did some measuring and math and I am sitting at 23mm right now (between Rail and bottom of tube).
If I go down 3mm to 20mm Height model, It might get too tight with a cap on my objective.
If I go up 2m to 25mm Height model, I just need to jack up the cheek rest a touch.

I opted for the 25mm just in case. Got off work and it's already been shipped.
Thanks for the help and I'll let you know how It works out.