• Site Updates Coming Monday

We’re planning to start making changes bright and early on Monday so you might see the site down fir a bit, but no worries, we’ll make our changes and be back as soon as we can!

VIEW THREAD
  • Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ever watch the movie Mr. Deeds from 2002 (that hurts saying the year)

LuckyDuck

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Nov 4, 2020
    Pennsylvania

If so- does anyone else remember that scene? Does anyone else remember what profession they thought was "wicked cool" while you were in grade school? I wanted to be a fireman too and slide down those "wicked awesome poles" too. Would your childhood profession support your lifestyle these days?

-LD

Would your childhood profession support your lifestyle these days?

-LD

Well, I knew I wanted to fly helicopters before I could form intelligible sentences, and I somehow made that happen, at least for a while. But my health had other plans and at the moment I’m unable to hold a medical certificate, so short answer is no, my childhood dream job doesn’t support jack shit right now. :LOL: :cry: Maybe someday I can get back in the seat, because otherwise yes, once I had some hours built up, flying helis pays enough to support my needs overall. It’s certainly not amazing money (the airline guys make the bug bucks), but the flying is amazing and is so much better than being a mere systems manager at 35,000’. :)

Reactions: Milf Dots