• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Hunting & Fishing Exotic Game Hunting in Texas

robozebra

Doc
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2007
Oklahoma City OK
I'm looking to book a group hunt. I have 8-12 guys interested in hunting exotic game. Mostly sheep ( Texas Dall, Hawaiian, Corsican, Four Horn, etc...) or exotic deer (axis, fallow, sika, red stag, etc...). Might be interested in super exotics if the price is right. Looking at North Texas Outfitters. Anyone know anything about these guys or do you have another place that you recommend? I'd like the keep the budget around $5000 per gun with each hunter collecting one trophy animal and 1-2 smaller animals.

Thank you in advance...CWJ

Re: Exotic Game Hunting in Texas

Check out Knowlton's Laguna vista ranch. Great facilities for a group your size, first class outfit, reasonable prices. You will not be disappointed. I just took my son there over spring break. He took a Scimitar horned Oryx, Axis, and Eland. He really enjoyed the experience.

I have a group of 5 going to www.texashuntlodge.com in December. Give their wesite a look its updated all the time and very informative on what to expect. They have this hunt they call the Texas Grand Slam Ram Hunt which includes shooting 4 different Rams for $5000.

5000 per person for 1 trophy + 1(2) smaller animals.

hrm. do you want that to include accomodation/travel? because you can get to europe back and forth for about 1k (including car rental)

for 5k you can get a mid-old chamois (~1k), marmot (100 per), some female small deer (about 500). muffelwild (couldn't find a translation ... it's similar to sheep) maybe 1.5k

depends most of the time on the size of the trophy

ibex is notably more expensive. especially because we caught the mange from the neighbour country ... trophy show today presented had about 100 chamois that they had to relieve of their pain in the last autumn, plus at least 10 ibex that also had the mange.

black cock might be interesting, but it's probably to close for you to get to them in time when they have courtship. 760 per.

wonderful bird: capercaillie (mountain cock?) - hard to get though.

in general i'd recommend czech or slovakia (kind of the border between centre and eastern europe). nice areas, decent mountains in both countries. very cheap accomodation/hunting and especially food/beer is good and very cheap.

might be something totally different but could still fit your purse

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bowhunter_0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.king-ranch.com/

not sure about the prices, but it is a classic Texas ranch. </div></div>

Going to the King Ranch in 2 weeks. Looks like it's whitetail or Nilgai there.

Thanks for the suggestion.

CWJ