Experience with Lehigh 375 CT 353g Solids?

Lngrngdoc

Private
Minuteman
Aug 6, 2011
California, Bay Area
Anyone have experience with these 375CT bullets? Starting load development for new APO rifle built with Proof steel 28" 1:8 twist barrel. Listed as one of the higher G1 BC bullets. Looking for best performance past 2000m. Any advice is appreciated.

I put a lot of time and effort to get them to work in my HTI with no good results. That's not saying the same will be true with your barrel. I had way better results with the 352 MTAC from cutting edge.

Reactions: Lngrngdoc
I have used and tested them for about two or three months plus competed with them. We ran them over a Oehler System with two rifles showing a .466/.467 G7 at 3120 FPS. One rifle we loaded a little warmer in the 3159 FPS range, and saw a .501 G7. The test was done at 1755 yds.

Here is what I would say. Make sure you have about .187-.189” of freebore. They will shoot but seems they prefer to be seating a little into the lands. The BC sd was .033.

N570 was really good. Retumbo is another good choice. We were using a 8 twist.

Good luck and great shooting.
Chris Schmidt
JJ Rock
IG: ChrisSchmidt_ELR

Reactions: Lngrngdoc
I put a lot of time and effort to get them to work in my HTI with no good results. That's not saying the same will be true with your barrel. I had way better results with the 352 MTAC from cutting edge.
Machtech, was the problem long range accuracy, pressure signs or just overall poor performance? MTAC 352s look interesting, but G7 BC listed little lower at 0.423 compared to other solids.

I have used and tested them for about two or three months plus competed with them. We ran them over a Oehler System with two rifles showing a .466/.467 G7 at 3120 FPS. One rifle we loaded a little warmer in the 3159 FPS range, and saw a .501 G7. The test was done at 1755 yds.

Here is what I would say. Make sure you have about .187-.189” of freebore. They will shoot but seems they prefer to be seating a little into the lands. The BC sd was .033.

Chris Schmidt
JJ Rock
Chris, Thanks for the info!. Couple of questions for you. Oehler system being their new BC calibration system? At what range did you measure these BCs or is this averaged over time of flight? Imagine you had to single feed with increased seating depth?

Chris, Thanks for the info!. Couple of questions for you. Oehler system being their new BC calibration system? At what range did you measure these BCs or is this averaged over time of flight? Imagine you had to single feed with increased seating depth?

The BC was calculated at 1755 yards. I single fed them but I believe that is near the max of the cadex mag. Our freebore is .162” on the KO2M rifles we will be using.

I, whether right or wrong, have had success with solids seated slightly into the lands, or very close to them. As important as anything, I am not a velocity junky. The velocities I have ran in previous cheytacs have been slow in comparison to many. I have a inherent distrust of what pressure does to accuracy and precision combined.

Machtech, was the problem long range accuracy, pressure signs or just overall poor performance? MTAC 352s look interesting, but G7 BC listed little lower at 0.423 compared to other solids.
Issue was long range and short range accuracy. I just couldn't get them to shoot. Maybe because the factory hti barrel twist is 1:10??. The MTAC's were easy to find a node and extremely accurate out to 2640.

Chris Schmidt
JJ Rock
What G1 did that equate to?