Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    This was just announced,

Extreme Long Range Competition Website

The Goal of the Extreme Long Range Shooting Organization (ELRSO) is to promote the growth of the ELR sport by creating new ELR opportunities and encouraging shooter participation in a safe, consistent and simple format that utilizes a standardized scoring system across all ELRSO sanctioned events. ELRSO sanctioned events reflect a commitment to continually push the limits of ELR based upon a scoring system that maximizes advancement through participant skill level, and minimizes accomplishments achieved by luck or chance.

Welcome to the Extreme Long Range Shooting Organization! We at ELRSO are passionate about long range shooting. In fact, long range is where we’re just getting started. We like to push the envelope beyond what is typically considered “long range” – like to the 1 mile mark, perhaps even the 2 mile mark and beyond! If you share this passion and are up for the ultimate marksmanship challenge, we’d love to have you as a member and look forward to seeing you at our next competition.

Attached Bi-pods for the front rest, and rear bag or pad for rear support will be the only rest systems permitted.

Last time I checked it's almost 2020
    Nice to see us still stuck in 1930

It seems pretty straight forward and reasonable to me.

The only rule I don't understand is General Rules #8, why is not allowed
    for you and another shooter to both compete with the same rifle?

Is this due to possible delays with squading?

It seems pretty straight forward and reasonable to me.

The only rule I don't understand is General Rules #8, why is not allowed
    for you and another shooter to both compete with the same rifle?

Is this due to possible delays with squading?

Well, I can tell you why Ko2M did it but I'm not sure these guys actually understood the rationale for half of our rules when they copied them....

We saw issues where a team using one gun had an advantage if they shot on the same day. The first shooter had site specific data for the second shooter so the second shooter ended up with an unfair advantage. So the rules was that if a gun was being shared, it would be used on different days and only one shooter could use it in the finals. This led to zero rifles being shared almost instantly.

-Alex

I shot their mile shot challenge this past weekend at Cresson, TX and had a great time. I think i finished 12th or 13th of the 55 or 60 shooters. This was my first attempt at ELR competition and everyone was super helpful and patient with my newbie questions and such. Jay (in charge) and his family and his ROs were always accessible and willing to help. Everything seemed to move very smooth. Im not a member of elrso because i cant afford to make all of the out of state matches. However, i do plan to shoot the texas competitions. Overall I'd give them an A+.

Reactions: b2lee
    If you finished 12th or 13th outta 50+ you did one hell of a job on your first attempt. Most people nail a coke can at 1000 yards on their home range and then show up and can't hit the dirt in front of them once they are on the clock.

Congrats....and there is no cure for the sickness you now have :)

Last edited:
    Reactions: 338LMAI
    I was surprised myself. I had good calls when i missed so i was able to correct. Ive learned that a good spotter is 75% of the battle. I only scored 15 points of a possible 36 so i didnt exactly blow anyone away.
    It did make me feel good to see the 1500, 1600, and 1760 hit indicators light up.

Reactions: 338LMAI