• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Fake reloading supplies company? reloaderscenter.com

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman
Maybe legit... but I don't think so. Googled some powder prices and this popped up first in my search feed. Company is in New Jersey with WAY low prices on powder and everything ready to go and in stock. Googled the address and it's an empty warehouse/storefront with a Century 21 sign in front of it in NJ....

These places keep popping up. Ridiculously low prices on supplies. They only Venmo or Crypto or some other untraceable payment and then disappear. They are like a plague!

If they are legit, my bad and I'll delete the post.

But this one set off every alarm bell! Buyer beware! Caveat emptor. Ipso facto. Non illigetimi corundum....

Cheers,

SIrhr

PS. No, I didn't try to order anything.

Maybe legit... but I don't think so. Googled some powder prices and this popped up first in my search feed. Company is in New Jersey with WAY low prices on powder and everything ready to go and in stock. Googled the address and it's an empty warehouse/storefront with a Century 21 sign in front of it in NJ....

These places keep popping up. Ridiculously low prices on supplies. They only Venmo or Crypto or some other untraceable payment and then disappear. They are like a plague!

If they are legit, my bad and I'll delete the post.

But this one set off every alarm bell! Buyer beware! Caveat emptor. Ipso facto. Non illigetimi corundum....

Cheers,

SIrhr

PS. No, I didn't try to order anything.
It's a 100% scam

I'll offer a tip or shortcut, take it or leave it.

When you find a deal that looks too good to be true because they have unicorns or unusually low prices, but you are not familiar with the vendor and unsure.....

A short way to find out is to go to Ammoseek or ShootingBot and see if the vendor is listed there. If they are not, it isn't impossible that they are a legit supplier and just blocking those services but the odds are very low. Some web sites are constructed to prevent outside searches from automatically searching for prices and inventory, but not many. So there are a few legit suppliers that are not shown by Ammoseek and Shootingbot.

It would be more work to figure it out than it is usually worth. If they don't use normal payment methods, that is a bad sign. If they have liberal quantities of unicorns, that is a bad sign too.

1724564596154.png

Just go to the place on the splash page and find the "Listed Retailers" button and see if the one you found is listed. When it isn't, better know what you are doing. For example, you don't see the OP's vendor here....
1724564966921.png

Caveat Emptor, YMMV

Regionrat, dealers don't "block search engines". ammo seek is NOT a search engine. Retailers have to pay monthly fees to be listed with ammo seek.

I have a tiny online store the eventually I might try to do more with but it all costs money. The return on the fees is not worth it. What the general public doesn't know is that sometimes sites that sell things lose money. I sell on guns.com from time to time, but only to dump inventory that has been sitting and I will have to take a loss to sell it. Guns.com gets 7% of the gross, and the price selling price will likely be below my cost to get rid of it, so I will lose about 10% to sell on there. unless it's a super hot rare item, and in that case I would just sell it in my small physical store.

What ammo seek and other companies do is I can show the inventory that is available live from my dist that I could order, the consumer sees it with a price, often times dealers will sell things at a loss to attract business, if the consumer places the order it drop ships from the dist to the consumer. I make a tiny commission which can be less than the CC fee I pay. I just lost 5 dollars on a 150 dollar ammo order the other day.

In my retail store I see transfers come in and the sale price is less than cost from one of my distributors. I called a dist and asked how they were getting it cheaper than me when I spend a fair amount, I was told "they are selling it at a loss".

Point is, a lot of small businesses do not bother with paying fees to be listed with sites like ammo seek. But I don't take crypto or zelle.

ANY site taking crypo or zelle is a complete fake and is someone gives them money I don't feel bad with how obvious a scam it is. The worst is there is a Lapua site selling brass, it looks like the site belongs to lapau......it's a scam.

Reactions: LimaKilo