• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Fall PMG 2011 AAR:

Bruiser_Joe

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2009
Hell
Ok, so i told a couple people i would put a AAR up since this was officially my first match. My situation was a little interesting being my first match, I haven't had a ton of time in the last year on a long gun, I shot it with a partner I have never shot with or met before two days ago, with a burrowed gun , burrowed scope i had never used before, with a round i had never used before.

Match: Tom, Ryan, Scott and crew put on a awesome match, the level of professionalism was outstanding. I shot the match with russ1911 from DTA, we chose to take part in the day prior train up since we had never shot together. The training the day prior was awesome. Covered a good array of topics that I felt had a direct impact on shooting in the competition the next two days. Ryan, Scott, and Tom's experience really showed through with well thought out and easy to understand instruction on shooting position, shooter/spotter skills, and getting familiar with the match conditions. This was slated to be my first ever shooting comp,i have a little experience behind a long gun but never in a match type setting. Russ volunteered to shoot it with me and i couldn't have asked for a better shooting buddy, he shot awesome and was a asset as a spotter. The match was set up really well, with very little downtime, the whole thing went smoothly and everyone seemed to have a great time. The competition was stiff with some stellar shooters there to represent. For being their second match ever i see a bright and shining future for the PMG crew. The match included day and night stages. Unknown distance, shooting and moving, unnatural firing positions, etc. Barret, GAP, Manners, among a number of other vendors on this site were represented and many shot the match themselves. The Prize table was impresssive with everyone gettin a little something for coming out.

Gun: I shot a new rifle length GAP 10 from george in 6.5 creedmore with a USO topping it off, I volunteered to shoot it for him to give him a little review on the gun and what i thought about it. I am SOLD! I shot the whole weekend, almost 200 rounds, no cleaning, very little lube and the gun just plain ran. Not a single malfunction and i felt NO disadvantage to the bolt guns. The rig shot amazing and considering I had never shot a 6.5 creedmore before i thought we did pretty well considering. The gun had a geissele trigger that was perfectly adjusted and was one of the best felling AR triggers i've ever used. I am not normally a fan of the POF style receivers but I actually found the new GAP-10 really easy to shoot and liked it alot. Pretty sure i'm going to be hittin George up for one just like it as a comp gun soon. I can't thank George enough for allowing me the oppurtunity to run the comp with one of his guns, hope I did the gun justice.

Overall i had a incredible time and am looking forward to my next match. It was a pleasure to meet all of you I have talked with on the Hide here and look forward to seeing you all at future matches.