fierce fury vs CA mesa/ridgeline

ofl0926

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2018
Homestead, FL
Evening everyone. Hope all is well.
Next year i am looking to possibly do an elk hunt and wanted to purchase a new rifle early to mid next year. The rifle i am looking at are

Fierce Fury
Christensen Arms Mesa or Mesa LR
Christensen Arms Ridgeline

Caliber would be 7mm. Any input or thoughts on these? Preference? i was also looking at the Seekins Havok and Barret Fieldcraft but they dont come 7mm. I have a weatherby Mark V in 300 weatherby so that is why i am not looking at the 300win mag.
thanks again

I picked up a Fury from Cabela's on what must have been a pricing mistake of $1499. In my first 20 rds of break-in I had 2 light primer strikes. Send the bolt back to fierce, had it back in about 10 days, and then it's been working like a charm. Easy sub-MOA 5 shot groups with recommended Barnes ammo. I like the idea of the Ridgeline's CF barrel, but its hard to argue with results I'm getting from the Fury. Only thing I'm not thrilled with is that due to barrel profile & threading I can't mount my TBAC Ultra 9 on it without sending it to TBAC to have a custom CB brake installed.

Last edited:
I picked up a Fury from Cabela's on what must have been a pricing mistake of $1499. In my first 20 rds of break-in I had 2 light primer strikes. Send the bolt back to fierce, had it back in about 10 days, and then it's been working like a charm. Easy sub-MOA 5 shot groups with recommended Barnes ammo. I like the idea of the Ridgeline's CF barrel, but its hard to argue with results I'm getting from the Fury. Only thing I'm not thrilled with is that due to barrel profile & threading I can't mount my TBAC Ultra 9 on it.

Appreciate the honesty. That is a lucky snag right there lol.
I believe the Mesa and the fury have the same barrel profile. Just wondering if the .5 moa guarantee at 100y is worth the extra $800.

Not being able to mount a can is a deal breaker for me.
SilencerCo said it would be no problem to mount my hybrid using the 1/2x28 threading on the Fury. But TBAC is apparently a bit more cautious with their approved setups. TBAC did say that it could be done by sending the barrel to them for a custom CB brake install, so mounting a can is not completely ruled out. I edited my post above to clarify that a bit.

SilencerCo said it would be no problem to mount my hybrid using the 1/2x28 threading on the Fury. But TBAC is apparently a bit more cautious with their approved setups. TBAC did say that it could be done by sending the barrel to them for a custom CB brake install, so mounting a can is not completely ruled out. I edited my post above to clarify that a bit.

I don’t own any cans but hopefully next year I make the purchase for one.
This will be a dedicated hunting rifle. What other options can you guys recommend.

Did you ever decide on one? Anyone else have experience with any of these? I’m looking at the following:

CA Mesa LR 300wm
Fierce Fury LR 300wm
***maybe Bergara HMR Pro in 300wm possibly available 2019

Anybody shoot these? Looking at getting one whenever I can make my mind up

Did you ever decide on one? Anyone else have experience with any of these? I’m looking at the following:

CA Mesa LR 300wm
Fierce Fury LR 300wm
***maybe Bergara HMR Pro in 300wm possibly available 2019

Anybody shoot these? Looking at getting one whenever I can make my mind up

i bought the fierce fury in 7mm REM MAG. out of the box, it feels great. shot it and it shot MOA with ammo that was not listed on their site. i am hoping to shoot it some more soon

I would recommend the fierce as well.
For a hunting rifle it has some significant advantages, to me at least.

Besides the accuracy guarantee that comes with the test target and ammo used, which can save a lot of time and money for some people..

There is the 4-5 round flush magazine that is all metal and is plenty long for high BC bullets.

There is the threaded barrel, with needs a simple adapter to mount some cans.

The 3 position safety which is a big deal for me

And the 70* bolt throw which is nice for mounting the scope a little lower.

I have one in 300 win mag and really like it

I would recommend the fierce as well.
For a hunting rifle it has some significant advantages, to me at least.

Besides the accuracy guarantee that comes with the test target and ammo used, which can save a lot of time and money for some people..

There is the 4-5 round flush magazine that is all metal and is plenty long for high BC bullets.

There is the threaded barrel, with needs a simple adapter to mount some cans.

The 3 position safety which is a big deal for me

And the 70* bolt throw which is nice for mounting the scope a little lower.

I have one in 300 win mag and really like it
I agree, I would go with the fierce because of the features and experience. My father has a fierce edge in 6.5CM and it's nice. I bought a Christensen Ridgeline and took the stock off and bought a grayboe renegade stock and had it glass bedded and I didnt have too great of results with it so a little disappointed but haven't played much with ammo so who knows. As soon as I can post to the sell section it's going there as I dont need it anymore and already have another 300wm