• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Finally got my NEW Nightforce Today!

crshep

Private
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2010
S.A. Texas
Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56mm mil/mil with MLR ret. + med alloy rings.
I have wanted one of these scopes for along time and finally broke down and ordered one.
Guess how I reacted when the wife tells me I got a package and I find this. Talk about from one extreme to another.
2012-07-30_13-19-27_376.jpg

2012-07-30_13-19-41_916.jpg

2012-07-30_13-20-13_56.jpg

2012-07-30_13-26-13_550.jpg

2012-07-30_13-26-24_376.jpg

2012-07-30_13-26-52_839.jpg

2012-07-30_13-28-10_161.jpg

2012-07-30_13-29-02_575.jpg

2012-07-30_13-28-30_793.jpg
url]

I can understand sh-t happens but what really gets me is that after ripping 1/4 of the box away and damaging the scope, someone just stuffed what they could find(they kept the rings) back into what was left of the box, taped it up and sent it on as if nothing had happened.
I called the vender and they are going to get me a new scope as soon as possible and deal with Fu_kEx, good thing it was sent insuranced.

Re: Finally got my NEW Nightforce Today!

Dude...that is bad. Whoever you ordered that from should take care of it as they can easily file a claim with the shipper for damaged property. I would think they would of shipped it insured for a high value item like that. Thats fucking rediculous.

crshep,

did the driver actually have the nerve to hand the package to your wife? Or was it just left at the door? Good thing the vendor is taking care of you, as I had to go round and round with FedEx years ago over some damage they caused. The reason they didn't think they were liable was because the driver did not report seeing a big metal protrusion sticking through the cardboard when he delivered it. As if it could have been missed. . . . Hopefully you'll have a new scope by this weekend and this will be a humorous memory.

Jrgfox,

look below the photo on the last line.

"I called the vender and they are going to get me a new scope as soon as possible and deal with Fu_kEx, good thing it was sent insuranced."

You just got a free top of the line scope. Unless you have to send the first one back to your dealer you just made out big time. I bet that scope still works perfectly. Hell, if you want to fix it, Nightforce can probably clean it up and not be too expensive.

Yeah MAD does'nt begin to describe it.
I seen my first Nightforce back around '84 or '85 at a Turners in SoCal. I was one of those kids who liked to hang out at the local gun shop. I have always wanted one. Now that I am getting into LR/precision shooting I finally decided to go for it, I already got the nice rifle I just needed the really nice scope.
The wife actually signed for it while I was sleeping,(I work nights). I would have refused to accept it.
At the very best it will take a couple of more weeks to get another as the vender is out of stock at this time.

Im glad I saw this. With shipping anything an extra 24-40 bucks for insurance is nothing compared to this. Definitely worth it. It might be rare, but I see it happens. Probably got caught on the rollers they use to sort and load. I would have hated to be that driver also. I bet he ran back to the truck. Im glad it was insured. Take good pics is all I can say. They are going to do everything they can not to pay the claim. Those pics you have look good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MWDG3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">UPS denies all claims up front as improperly packaged. At least it's FedEx. </div></div>

UPS has paid me a fortune this past year. They have lost 3 packages this year due to their incompetence. I made them find it, overnight deliver the packages then refund the shipping money.

You just have to know more then they do about their own shipping rules, which most people do. the 1-800 number operators dont know much of anything about UPS operating procedures.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crshep</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I have wanted one of these scopes for along time and finally broke down and ordered one.
Guess how I reacted when the wife tells me I got a package and I find this. Talk about from one extreme to another.
as soon as possible and deal with Fu_kEx, good thing it was sent insuranced.
</div></div>

My first arrives via same shipper tomorrow... I'm skeered. Thank goodness for insurance.
smile.gif

Glad to hear it's being made right.

That's just f*cked up. It hurts to see that lol but if you don't have to send this one back, now you might have a perfectly usable spare NF, for free.

Just be glad your wife was home to receive it. Can't imagine it'd have worked out very good had you been home to get the package yourself.

I think i'd have lost my mind had my HDMR come in looking like that.

I have figured it out. It hit me when I read that your wife was home for the delivery...

She opened your box for you, to be nice of course. She saw what was in it and decided to do some Google detective work and that's when shit hit the fan, and the sidewalk, the wall, the frying pan and eventually a baseball bat. I can see it plain as day, hell I think I can hear her now. "You sorry m****r f****r! You can't afford to get my ___ but you can spend damn near $2k on this whatever the f*** it is?.. I'll show you what time it is. Bet you won't buy me a plastic table cloth next time you son of a b**** you"

Geez, my rifle has taken spills down hills while strapped to my four wheeler, fallen out of trees and experienced all sorts of mayhem and my Nightforce doesn't look anything like yours.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't let Pvt Snowballs see this!

https://snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3185102

</div></div>

Glad to see this being revived. My condolences to the OP. Man am I glad I have Creedmoor Sports right up the road where I can get all doctor hands on the MOAR reticule.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have figured it out. It hit me when I read that your wife was home for the delivery...

She opened your box for you, to be nice of course. She saw what was in it and decided to do some Google detective work and that's when shit hit the fan, and the sidewalk, the wall, the frying pan and eventually a baseball bat. I can see it plain as day, hell I think I can hear her now. "You sorry m****r f****r! You can't afford to get my ___ but you can spend damn near $2k on this whatever the f*** it is?.. I'll show you what time it is. Bet you won't buy me a plastic table cloth next time you son of a b**** you" </div></div>

Funny, but my wife would'nt have beat up the scope, she would have beat ME up, WITH the scope, and I really don't think my head is hard enough to mess that scope up like that, although she'll say different.
She stopped asking how much my toys cost awhile ago, and I try not to let her find out.
grin.gif

It seems like these companies would be doing a better job at preventing stuff like this because of all the videos and stuff on the internet.

I had a run in with UPS just a couple weeks ago, luckily it wasn't a scope. I had a door for a box on my mechanics truck delivered and the door was bent bad on one edge. The packaging didn't look bad, so I didn't think anything about it so I had already tore the box to shreds when I opened it. When I got into contact with UPS they wanted to pick the door up along with all the packaging.

I guess its understandable that they wanted to inspect it but these drivers and workers shold be fessing up when they screw up insted of causing everyone headaches. Also, there was fragile written all over the box and it was a solid metal door but they still found a way to mess it up.

Sorry for your headache Crshep, I hope the next scope gets there fast with no problems. I know that must have made you sick.

If you are shipping something UPS you had better wrap and double box the heck out of it. The last item I shipped UPS I made the UPS store package it so that they could not say I was responsible if it came up damaged. Freight claims are a real pain.

Even though FedEx was responsible for the damage in this case, I find them to be less hard on shipments than UPS.