• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Finished my 300wm build

tlsmith22

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2008
ALABAMA
Just picked up the 300wm I have been having built. These are the specs.

Manners EH1 stock carbon fiber, Swamp camo, pillar bedded, Flush cups bottom and left side
Proof Sendero 26” carbon fiber barrel 9.4 twist, used Rhian Mantha reamer for 215 Berger’s
Remington Action, trued and blueprinted, bolt fluted, knob added and cerakote by LRI
HS Precision DBM bottom metal
Triggertech trigger set at 2 lbs.
NF base and rings
NF ATACR 5-25x56 scope MOAR-t reticle
MK precision level

Total weight with the NF is 10lbs 12 oz, I also have a Zeiss V6 in Seekins rings I put on to check weight. It was 9lbs 11 oz

Just did a little bit of load testing. Since I had no clue where to start with this powder charge, I started at 76 grains and worked up to 81(compressed) 1 grain at a time just to see where I hit pressure. I never did. I had the chrono on it and 80.5 grains was 2990 with the one shot. So basically I started at 80 and went up in .2 grain increments. I would shoot 3, clean and fire a fouling shot before the next group. It seemed 80.8 seemed to be the sweet spot, that was 2992 avg, SD of 3 and ES of 7. I am basically at sea level so I thought those speeds were decent and will improve with a few rounds. This was new brass also and it grew on avg of about .011, so I need to see what some once fired brass with the shoulder bumped .003 do. Here is the only group at shot I 80.8.

Last edited:
Good looking rifle. I'm sure it will be a shooter. I was also impressed by that bolt knob with the 300 win mag casing in the end. Can you tell me who manufactured it?

I bought a 6.5 CM from a guy on here that had a similar bolt knob. I loved that little detail. I had LRI flute the bolt, add the case and bolt knob and cerakote it.

Did a little more testing today. Swapped to Nosler brass and just CCI BR primers. Went all the way to 83 grains of powder and still have room in the case. Speed up to 3022 avg, sd and es both a smidge higher but better groups.