• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Fiocchi large rifle primer issues

yellowXJ

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2009
Frederick, CO
I purchased a box of 1500 primers from Mile High Shooting. I loaded with these for the first time and experienced ~20%+ failure rate. There are regular striking marks on all primers - everything looks completely normal. Many do not go off regardless of how many times you try while others go off after a second attempt. This happened with multiple rifles. All of my other primers are currently years old and I've never had a single issue. I can't use these primers with this high of a failure rate.

I've emailed Fiocchi with details but their offices are closed until Monday. Has anyone else had this issue with their primers? This is the first I've used them but it didn't create a good first impression.

Not large rifle but small rifle Fioccis yes. They are horrible primers I had constant non-ignition, constant pierced primers until I switched over to CCI. I have not had a problem so far.