• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Fire!

You couldn't pay me enough to go into a high-rise in China, or India. They have nonexistent to horrible QC in buildings. If they don't burn, they literally, just collapse, with people inside. If China's aircraft carriers and fighters are of similar quality, they are a paper tiger, at best.

hot-fuzz.gif

You couldn't pay me enough to go into a high-rise in China, or India. They have nonexistent to horrible QC in buildings. If they don't burn, they literally, just collapse, with people inside. If China's aircraft carriers and fighters are of similar quality, they are a paper tiger, at best.
Im not worried about their aircraft carriers or planes. I’m worried about their drones and biowarfare.

Or Dubai… 80 stories and made of mud daub masquerading as concrete….

Reactions: Maxwell and BLEE
Chinesium, the most exothermic and easily ignited man made alloy after ferrocerium.

I've had an elevator's doors chomp down on my arm in Shanghai back in 2002. I bashed the emergency stop button with my other hand as if I was one of the combatants in the muddy quagmire at Agincourt. If the button didn't work or I didn't find it in time (my right arm up to my shoulder was between the doors and my head couldn't move), I might not be here right now. I don't know if it was a false memory or not but I distinctly remember feeling the shuddering that all Chinese high rise elevators make as they begin to move...

Or this one..flammable filler on cladding.

The building's residents were mostly poor Indian and Bengali migrants and the hazardous cooking methods and disregard of safety around open flames, having multiple stovetops on under one large pan etc., that they practiced back home in their slums caused that nightmare...

ETA: Some of the Indian majority communities in London and elsewhere in the UK are literal cataclysms waiting to happen. Not just hazardous cooking practices but absolute disregard for electrical safety as well. Multiple extensions jammed into one outlet and as many plugs as they can ram into the extensions. Loose uninsulated wiring on jury rigged appliances, etc... Absolute insomnia and paranoia fuel for anyone living in the vicinity.

A few less to deal with.

Changsha hub of China Telecom is responsible for a lot of censorship of Chinese social media. During the disastrous Shanghai lockdown, authorities were censoring posts showing families who were running out of food or cannot get medical care for loved ones suffering medical emergencies. This could have been a payback hit. The fire is extremely aggressive and fast moving. Could have been started using a "burn bucket", ie., a bucket or large bag crammed with fuel soaked rags or paper. Something like that being ignited in an enclosed room or hallway would heat the surrounding area to 1800°F and flashover VERY quickly. If there were fatalities, they would have been social media censors and "wrongthink auditors". Good riddance if that's the case. Arson and explosives are the chief means of retribution in Chinese society, historically and in the present day.

Wonder if that one will fall down in its own footprint
It only burned for 45 minutes the fire didn’t have enough time to get through the fireproofing so no it wouldn’t fall that’s what happens when firefighters are there to respond to a fire, And the insulation on the structural steel is not compromised

Get off the idiot wtc7 conspiracy theories

It only burned for 45 minutes the fire didn’t have enough time to get through the fireproofing so no it wouldn’t fall that’s what happens when firefighters are there to respond to a fire, And the insulation on the structural steel is not compromised

Get off the idiot wtc7 conspiracy theories
Gee thanks dad. Any other permissions I can get from you

…Not just hazardous cooking practices but absolute disregard for electrical safety as well. Multiple extensions jammed into one outlet and as many plugs as they can ram into the extensions. Loose uninsulated wiring on jury rigged appliances, etc...
One of my sons friends house burned down due to an electrical fire with power strips stacked on power strips. The hilarious part is my sons friends dad is a professor of electrical engineering at a pretty well regarded private university. 🤣

One of my sons friends house burned down due to an electrical fire with power strips stacked on power strips. The hilarious part is my sons friends dad is a professor of electrical engineering at a pretty well regarded private university. 🤣
About four years ago, one of our renters calls up and says that one of the outlets in the kitchen isn't working. She goes on to tell us that her Dad is an Engineer at Boeing and that he says it's "faulty wiring". The house is maybe 20 years old and was built in accordance with all building/electrical codes in effect at the time. No subsequent "modifications" were ever done.

I figured that rather than get into an ever widening circular conversation with her on the phone that the wife and I should just take a quick run out there. We get there and I cycle the trip/reset buttons on the GFI and magically, everything works as it should. (and no, the circuit breaker had not tripped).

I was tempted to ask her if her Dad designed any of the electrical on Boeing airplanes, but thought the better of it.........

Last edited:
Changsha hub of China Telecom is responsible for a lot of censorship of Chinese social media. During the disastrous Shanghai lockdown, authorities were censoring posts showing families who were running out of food or cannot get medical care for loved ones suffering medical emergencies. This could have been a payback hit. The fire is extremely aggressive and fast moving. Could have been started using a "burn bucket", ie., a bucket or large bag crammed with fuel soaked rags or paper. Something like that being ignited in an enclosed room or hallway would heat the surrounding area to 1800°F and flashover VERY quickly. If there were fatalities, they would have been social media censors and "wrongthink auditors". Good riddance if that's the case. Arson and explosives are the chief means of retribution in Chinese society, historically and in the present day.
I was wondering if it was intentional. A person could start it, walk away, and take out all the telecoms with 15 dollars' worth of material. Hell, the grease is free and in the sewer if you watch you tube ;)

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
Just calling bullshit on your nonsense. You are more than welcome to step up to the plate a prove your assumptions.
But can you explain this one......

Doc

But can you explain this one......

Doc
B-25 doing what 150-200 knots. Has nothing on a 757 full of fuel doing over 400knots.

Literally the 757 has the fuel capacity of 11,276 gallons(+73,000 lbs). 757 can hold around 2x as much weight in fuel, as the max take off weight of a B-25(35,000lbs)

The difference in energy is massive, like comparing a .308 to a 155mm cannon.

Edit-Also the buildings are built completely different. The design of the WTC-1/2 was part of their demise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bender
B-25 doing what 150-200 knots. Has nothing on a 757 full of fuel doing over 400knots.

Literally the 757 has the capacity of 11,276 gallons(+73,000 lbs). 757 can hold around 2x as much weight in fuel, as the max take off weight of a B-25(35,000lbs)

The difference in energy is massive, like comparing a .308 to a 155mm cannon.

Edit-Also the buildings are built completely different. The design of the WTC-1/2 was part of their demise.
So you're saying that we now build buildings less safe then in the past.......

Doc

Reactions: Average guy
So you're saying that we now build buildings less safe then in the past.......

Doc
No, thats what you are saying.

What I said is the empire state building and the world trade center are completely different designs.

And the energy of a 757 is multiple times higher than a B 25 the fact that you would even suggest that there’s some sort of proof it’s just ridiculous

Thats what I a saying.

Another thing I’d like to add is most the flames that you’re seeing in the office building that is burned in China is likely EIFS exterior cladding which is basically poly styrene(foam). As you can see from the video the exterior burns but that doesn’t necessarily mean the fire went hard-core to the structural steel inside, also noting that the fire was put out in about 45 minutes. (Well with in the time window of the fire proofing)

Did anyone look up the fact that the firefighters actually fought the fire at the building in China

The building had a working fire suppression system

Last edited:
When does it collapse into its own footprint?
Let it burn for maybe 6-12 hrs with no fire suppression and no firefighters reacting.

At that point all of the things done to give firefighters time to react would be compromised.

There is a reason steel in a high rise building is cover in fire insulation material. If steel higherise were not susceptible to structural failure from fire why the fuck would they waste the money doing it. Do you have any idea how expensive that shit is?

I swear to God it’s starting to worry me that some of you have guns I wouldn’t trust you with a fucking squirt gun. No wonder liberals want to take your firearms away

Last edited:
The Chosin Few would likely beg to differ.. quantity has a quality all it’s own and I hope it never comes to blows with the chicoms. Nukes almost certainly would be in play fairly early on..
Korea is their next door neighbor. They don't have the logistics to bring mass troop numbers to the continental United States... or do they?

So would the steel melt into puddles without the insulation???

The insulation protects it to keep the steel from getting hot which causes expansion and a weakening, that is the issue structurally.

Technically it could melt given the right, extreme conditions, but its more about thermal expansion and weakening shearing joints , which can cause failure. It doesn’t need to “ melt in puddles” lol...

Melting would be highly unlikely, requiring some extreme. Not likely in a “normal fire”, would require an accelerate, oxidizer, chemical reaction etc

Here are shorts video on the different products used and the hows and whys...

Here is an hour long video that goes into great detail on standards across the pond if you really want to.