• We're live!

We've got the homepage updated and subscriptions are now managed through HideTV. If you run into any bugs please contact @alexj-12 or use our contact form for help!

ENTER HIDETV VIEW THREAD

Firearms Videos No Longer Available?

Turkeytider

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2022
Georgia
I`m noticing that I can no longer pull up videos of various firearms on the internet ( You Tube ). Every one I click on a screen comes up saying, " Sorry, this video is no longer available ". It`s regardless of brand of firearm or type. Makes evaluations for possible purchases just about impossible. Is anyone else encountering this?

I`m noticing that I can no longer pull up videos of various firearms on the internet ( You Tube ). Every one I click on a screen comes up saying, " Sorry, this video is no longer available ". It`s regardless of brand of firearm or type. Makes evaluations for possible purchases just about impossible. Is anyone else encountering this?

Well, let's put it this way. "Hickok45's" channel is still up and displaying content. So is Hegshot87 and Iraqveteran8888,

I do recall seeing a video that YT's firearm policy was being updated to be more restrictive, but I think that had more to do with the "manufacture" of firearms from parts (3D printed parts, etc.). But, other than that, it appears to be BAU.

Internet Service Provider
God I hate acronyms! I think people just make them up as they go along. Used to work for the State of Missouri. I swear that two long time state employees could carry on a conversation in which every other word wasn`t a word but an acronym. The scary thing was that they understood what each was saying! Drove me nuts!

Maybe so. What the hell is an " ISP"? I`m 76 and computers ain`t my gig!
76!!!??? No wonder.

Just think of it like this: You need to open the draft a little bit more and close the damper until you get enough heat to boil the water. This will enable you to build enough steam pressure to actually move the piston. Adequate piston movement should allow you enough energy to turn the wheel. This will then turn the paddles enough to make the "sparky thing" work.

(sorry for being technical).

:)

76!!!??? No wonder.

Just think of it like this: You need to open the draft a little bit more and close the damper until you get enough heat to boil the water. This will enable you to build enough steam pressure to actually move the piston. Adequate piston movement should allow you enough energy to turn the wheel. This will then turn the paddles enough to make the "sparky thing" work.

(sorry for being technical).

:)

God I hate acronyms! I think people just make them up as they go along. Used to work for the State of Missouri. I swear that two long time state employees could carry on a conversation in which every other word wasn`t a word but an acronym. The scary thing was that they understood what each was saying! Drove me nuts!

To be fair, ISP has been used in marketing and has been a common household term since the 90s and dial-up Internet.

We could tell you where to find gun content, but I have a feeling you're not using YouTube correctly and will not be able to use anything else.

Not logged into YouTube, or your account is setup as someone who is under 18. The days of just randomly getting to watch whatever videos you want without being policed are over.

Last edited:
Damn, wish I`d never posted this. Having some trouble seeing some videos and just wanted to see if others were by chance having a problem as well End up being called everything but a child of God. Well.....sometimes I do forget that this is Sniper`s Hide ( which is my fault indeed! ). Oh, and Maser? Kiss my ass.

Reactions: MO Fugga
Damn, wish I`d never posted this. Having some trouble seeing some videos and just wanted to see if others were by chance having a problem as well End up being called everything but a child of God. Well.....sometimes I do forget that this is Sniper`s Hide ( which is my fault indeed! ). Oh, and Maser? Kiss my ass.
More importantly this is “the pit” on the hide you should have known better….

• Haha
Reactions: XLR308
Quite true. I should have known better. "The pit " and civil responses are many (most? ) times mutually exclusive.
They are just ribbing you man.

If you are a boomer, you’re old and have every 30 cal that ever was.
If you are gen z or younger, you still have milk from your momma on your upper lip and are too young to know life before cell phones.
If you are gen X you are a completely detached asshole that grew up feral, hate all generations equally and just want your Big Wheel and BMX bike back.

This is like the only place left on the web where people can laugh at and with others while generally meaning no harm. I see it as a hardening and maturing process that has been lost. We all get our turn in the barrel. How else can we appreciate memes without the correct sense of humor?

They are just ribbing you man.

If you are a boomer, you’re old and have every 30 cal that ever was.
If you are gen z or younger, you still have milk from your momma on your upper lip and are too young to know life before cell phones.
If you are gen X you are a completely detached asshole that grew up feral, hate all generations equally and just want your Big Wheel and BMX bike back.

This is like the only place left on the web where people can laugh at and with others while generally meaning no harm. I see it as a hardening and maturing process that has been lost. We all get our turn in the barrel. How else can we appreciate memes without the correct sense of humor?
I will certainly agree that it`s about the only site I`ve seen where one can openly be an obnoxious asshole to others and do so with impunity! Yeah, sometimes it`s all in fun. Other times? I`m not so sure. I suppose that does indeed serve a purpose. Who knows how many wife beatings and dog kickings SH in general and the Bear Pit in particular have averted by serving as a place where who knows how many are allowed to " vent". What one would have to do to be banned must require exceeding a threshold that requires going on O2 to reach! It`s fun, though......mostly.

No problem here. Youtube actually relented some of their more stringent policies because of the pressure put on them by the collective work of assclowns, me included. Example, there are vintage songs by a certain artist called Johnny Rebel which were an absolute no go back in 2018 up to the Saint Floyd Riots. So, everybody who have collections of Johnny Rebel masterpieces kept uploading them at minigun rate of fire, to the point that they simply grew exasperated and gave up. JR is funny and his songs are definitely not safe for work LOLOLOL, but people like them. A lot of black folks, the patriotic and hard working folks, are also on the comments sections saying they find the songs awesome, because everybody knows Johnny ain't talking about the hardworking and upstanding blacks in his songs. He's done duets and collabs with some of the greatest black southern blues and bluegrass artists of his day. But leftists are triggered, and that is good. :)

ETA: This is one of Johnny Rebel's perfectly safe for work songs. It occupies the top tier of the mega collection of outlaw/dark country and bluegrass on the USB that I always play on the shop floor.

Keep a' workin' Big Jim - 1967

Last edited:
Here has been my YT experience. I had one account nuked and it was not because of watching gun content. It is because I was naive and posting in threads about how the article the protects "platforms" from liability should be removed since platforms are acting as editors or publishers directly involved in content.

So, I re-upped my older account and stopped talking about that and have not had a problem since then.

I see can see people loading ammo. Loading magazines. Now, ole click bait master Jim Harmer at Backfire says he cannot show installing or adjusting a suppressor because the gun experts at YT have decided that is gunsmithing and modification. But no one ever thought to show that, before.

I can see gunfire. I can see hunting videos. I can see videos on how to field dress and quarter game. As well as processing quarters into final cuts and even some recipes. Like sauteed heart medallions with sweet onions.

Many times, a YT channel author removes stuff on their own.

Ron Spomer used to have on YT a video of him hunting an elk with a Mossberg Patriot (in walnut stock) 7 Rem Mag. Took three shots.

Then, it was removed and I tracked it down to a different privately owned site and it is "behind closed doors."

Why would he remove that? Embarrassment over having a Mossberg Patriot? Or taking 3 shots (to be fair, that last two were when the beast was running)?

Or just removing it to avoid problems later?

Or was it a question of ethics? He was seated and shooting from sticks.

Last edited: