• No

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

ꞳᵀᴴꞨnipeг

Private
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2021
Free America
I'm told this is a brand new unfired barrel, however, the accompanying receiver and parts tell a different story with wear marks and carbon residue. I simply don't look inside barrels enough to know - what do you think?

Chamber

20240620_132150.jpg

20240620_132201.jpg

Near the lands

20240620_132240.jpg

Gas port

20240620_132415.jpg

crown

20240620_135012.jpg

Barrel finish could be dirty machine debris, the gas port though shows a bit of erosion on the trailing edge, but no copper. There are still bures on the port. If this was an assembled upper it was likely fire in the factory. Not many shots down the tube in my not so informed opinion.

Reactions: krunchnik
Barrel finish could be dirty machine debris, the gas port though shows a bit of erosion on the trailing edge, but no copper. There are still bures on the port. If this was an assembled upper it was likely fire in the factory. Not many shots down the tube in my not so informed opinion.

Yep,

This is is a BRAND NEW Daniel Defense CHF barrel...with some FN's that look pretty much the same:
VW2d3sX.jpg

I'll third what oldrifleman said. There was obviously a muzzle device installed at one point and looks like a very light carbon build up on the face of the muzzle and the shoulder behind muzzle threads. Pics of the bolt and barrel extension would tell more of the story. But still, going by the barrel pics, it couldn't have had very many rounds through it.