• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

First AR-15 SPR Build: Barrel Suggestions?

Jokerkg

Private
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2024
Switzerland
Hey everyone,

I’m working on my first AR-15 SPR build and need some advice on which barrel to choose. I’ve narrowed it down to a few options, but I’m having a tough time deciding. Here are the contenders:

1. Rainier Arms Ultramatch MOD2 .223 Wylde MK12 SPR AR-15 Barrel - 18" Nitride - 420$
  2. BALLISTIC ADVANTAGE AR-15 MODERN SERIES 18" Rifle-Length Barrel SPR w/ OPS 12 - 320$
  3. WHITE OAK ARMAMENT 18" Rifle SPR Barrel - 630$
  4. CRITERION BARRELS INC 18" HBAR Contour, Rifle Gas System, .223 Wylde - 570$
  5. CRITERION BARRELS INC SBN Barrel .223 Wylde 18" Rifle-Length - 570$
I’m located in Switzerland, which explains why the prices might seem a bit high compared to what you’re used to in the States.

I’m looking for something that will give me most accuracy at distance. (think 500+ yards)

Any insights on these options? Does anyone have experience with one of these barrels, and how do they perform in terms of accuracy, durability, and overall quality? Or should I consider a different barrel altogether?

Appreciate any help or advice you all can provide!

Thanks!