First time at 2 miles!

MACHTECH

Say cheese!
Minuteman
  • Feb 12, 2017
    Michigan
    This was Jake's first time at 2 miles with his new Cadex Shadow .375 that he had just mounted the scope and zeroed an hour or less before.

This was Jake's first time at 2 miles with his new Cadex Shadow .375 that he had just mounted the scope and zeroed an hour or less before.

I love watching that video.

Machtech shows up with the rifle. I brought the NF in a mount down. Mounted it to the rifle. 3 rounds at 100 yards for quick zero and then straight to 2miles. We didnt have any chrono numbers, dope, or anything. Just went for it. It did take 16 rounds to make an impact at first. Without having any dope and the target on a flat plane, coming up short, we thought... so close, .2 mils up, and after 10 rounds of giving it another .2 mils over and over, @tnester1 says... enough of this.. give it 2 fulls mils. At that point we were just deep. Dialed back down and IMPACT! So much fun.

The next day I made an impact on my second round and then later in the day when I shot again, on the 3rd round followed by 2 misses and then another impact.

Thanks to the spotting and expertise of Machtech and Tnester1 I'm now dialed in.

Thanks again guys.

shooting steel really far away =
    1986A1F2-41D1-438C-B279-E85EF9BC828F.gif

I loaded the initial rounds for Jake's rifle using Peterson brass, GM215M primer, 125 grains of Retumbo and a 350gr Cutting Edge Laser seated right at the lands. You'll have to ask @jwknutson17 what his elevation ended up being.

I'll have to look at my sheet for the dope. Was 62.7 mils I believe. I'll have to verify. No velocity numbers as we didnt chrono it yet. We just went for it. Mounted scope. 3 rounds at 100. And then straight to 2 miles.

Last edited:
    • Haha
    Reactions: Sniperwannabee
    No load development? What was it grouping at? 125 ret with a 350gr about 3000fps?

Thanks,
    Michal
    The load is my "go to" load for just about every 375 or 408 CT that I've set up. I just works. I fire formed some brass and tried the load in Jake's rifle before we left to meet him in Kansas. The gun shot in the .3's (5shot groups) with my go to load, so I didn't mess around with load development.

forgive my ignorance but how big was the 2mi. target?

We were shooting the 1MOA target for 3 miles that day on a different range that we just setup. We just moved up to 2 miles. Typically the 2 mile target on the 2 mile range just to the west is 36x36 that we shoot, to be in that 1 moa at 2 miles. We did confirm the impacts were within the 36"x36" square. That was the first thing I wanted to check when we got up to the target as I wouldn't have counted them hits if it was outside of 1moa. Didnt want to drive over to the other range and re setup everything. Just drove up closer on the 3 mile that day.

Last edited:
    Jake, your insane. Nice job on the 2 miles, Im bragging about my one mile shot and then this insanity.
    Congrats brother. Come on down and lets go bang bang. I take back my, dont need to bring your rifles.

PB

Reactions: MOUNTIC