• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Gunsmithing Fitting B&C Tact Stock For My 10/22 Advice

LONGSHOT45

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2009
Culpeper, Virginia
I just picked up a B&C Tact stock for my 10/22 and I noticed that the last inch and a half of the barrel channel (muzzel end)has a uniformed raised section that contacts the barrel. Is this supposed to prevent barrel droop or am I supposed to file this down to completely free float the barrel??

Re: Fitting B&C Tact Stock For My 10/22 Advice

Yeah, I know. Run it like it is. First things first. There are actually two pads in the bbl channel. A lot of times, you can slightly sand the first pad next to the receiver to get the front pad to give you slight psi. Once this is done, consistency is there.

If you sand the forward pad, you have psi at the receiver and not the muzzle. Not as consistent.

If you choose to have a totally free floated bbl, sand them both about .040 and you will have it.

Noticed my 10/22T has the same raised channel, as with my B&C Anschutz. Did not touch them. Both rifles shoot 1/2" groups at 50yds with CCI SV ammo. You'll like this stock!! Best group with the Anschutz is .292" @ 25yds 25Degress F light winds. [img:left]
DSC01124.jpg
[/img]

16" Greeen Mountain barrel
B&C Anschutz stock
Trigger group work by Swampfox
Bolt work by Que
RT tactical bolt handle
Mueller APT 4-14 30mmscope

I like it. Clear out to the edges, adjustments seem just fine.
Price was right...$145.00 with sunshade including shipping from Mizzou guns in Alaska. I think he ships from a warehouse in Missouri.