• We're live!

We've got the homepage updated and subscriptions are now managed through HideTV. If you run into any bugs please contact @alexj-12 or use our contact form for help!

ENTER HIDETV VIEW THREAD

Fixed Length adjustable cheek riser stock recommendations anyone?

GunnyB

Private
Minuteman
May 2, 2024
CA
Hi all. I am building an Aero M5 6.5 Creedmoor and have run into an issue. I live in CA and want a normal detachable magazine so I have decided to go featureless on the build. I ordered a Magpul PRS Lite stock since it requires a tool to adjust the length of pull and cheek riser. I just received this thing and boy is it a piece of junk! Truly disappointed that Magpul quality is this bad. The LOP set screws doesn't tighten enough to lock the butt pad in place and the cheek riser set screw engages 0% with the rise, it moves completely freely. I am returning it but I can't find a replacement that requires a tool to adjust.

So far my search has resulted in an old model Seekins Precsion 10x Procomp Stock which is no longer produced and the next generation 10x-Ray Procomp Stock also no longer produced. These would work well but unavailable. Anyone else in CA in my situation or have a recommendation. I don't care about length of pull so much but really want an adjustable cheek rise. Any help is greatly appreciated!

I’ll openly criticize Magpul and I agree that the PRS Lite isn’t the best thing they’ve come out with but I can’t say I share your experiences with it on my rifles. My critiques center around the long minimum LOP and weight for what it is but I never had an issue with the LOP set screw or cheek piece screw not being able to lock everything down solid. Perhaps that one is broken and it’s worth giving another one a shot if it otherwise meets your requirements.

XLR’s Tactical buttstock could be an avenue worth checking out, they have set screw adjustments for LOP and cheek riser.

1719006744951.jpeg

Reactions: bigjake83
The mistake was going with the PRS lite, in my opinion, the Gen 2 or Gen 3 PRS stocks are great and I use them on several different guns.

The mistake was going with the PRS lite, in my opinion, the Gen 2 or Gen 3 PRS stocks are great and I use them on several different guns.
I'm in California, if I use the regular PRS I can't have a normal detachable magazine. I need a fixed stock arrangement but finding one that has a cheek riser of some sort on it seems impossible to find.

Was the stock actually mounted on the received when you played with it? I seem to remember mine being a little loose until everything was buttoned down. I think the screw in the rear end aligns something or whatever to make it all work.

Or I could be thinking of something else. Its been awhile.

I've got two of the seekins. I like them. Are you sure they aren't made anymore? I see their guns on Instagram rocking them all the time.