Flat or curved?

dski

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 14, 2020
Upgrading some triggers and also getting a build done. I have a Calvin elite curved and the new build will have a TriggerTech Diamond Pro curve.

Are there any advantages/disadvantages to Flat or Curve or is it just preference? I shoot bench and prone ringing steel, no hunting. Mostly shoot 500-2000.

Personally I like flat triggers on my pistols and ARs because I have baby hands and can reach the trigger with my short fingers better... I just got an AXMC and am thinking of getting the flat trigger shoe for it.. for the same reason. But like Frank said.. it is more of a personal shooter preference thing IMO

Guess it doesn't then. Sorry for the post, just was wondering after a discussion with some friends. Clearly not a board to ask questions while learning.

And the answer would be Red for your T-shirt! :)

Reactions: Trigger71
It's about asking smarter questions wouldn't you say,

This board is all about Q&A but why entertain things just because you asked ...

And you posted in a section with absolutely no bearing on the topic of the section

You were educated, you just like the form the education took, I would call it a lesson learned.

Now, consider this,

Does a Flat or Curved Trigger Shoe have a bearing on my shooting

Does a Flat or Curved Trigger Shoe change the way you engage the trigger

As opposed to asking

Dear person I have never met, what do you like better so I may copy you, or

Why should I pick one over the other...

Gotcha. Good feedback and I that is what I am really looking for. My intention was not a Ford vs Chevy. I was trying to understand if there were advantages like the ones you outlined or if it was just preference. (Does it help with long range or precision shooting, how you engage the trigger, one or the other better with lower trigger pull weights) I am still learning on what the reasons are. You outlined some great ones.

Thanks for the coaching.

I have several of each and I like the flat trigger because I can apply pressure at almost any point on the bow and when I slide my finger all the way to the tip it feels like lighter than in the center.

Plus I feel theres more room and tactile feeling when wearing gloves.

Reactions: dski and MCHOG
Some may argue that with a flat trigger it allows the shooter to place the finger lower and farther from the fulcrum which allows more leverage for a lighter feeling pull. Not sure because I've only pulled curved ones though. So maybe try one out if you can. Kinda like a wife, try it before you buy it?

Semper Fidelis,
Aaron

Some may argue that with a flat trigger it allows the shooter to place the finger lower and farther from the fulcrum which allows more leverage for a lighter feeling pull. Not sure because I've only pulled curved ones though. So maybe try one out if you can. Kinda like a wife, try it before you buy it?

Semper Fidelis,
Aaron

I tried my ex-wife’s sister out and that didn’t work out so well.

Reactions: JfarmshooterW
Guess it doesn't then. Sorry for the post, just was wondering after a discussion with some friends. Clearly not a board to ask questions while learning.

And the answer would be Red for your T-shirt! :)
Don't be intimidated by the dick answer's. Try both if you can. Most guys will let you get behind their rig and at least dry fire. So many different combinations, it's a tough one only you can answer.

Don't be intimidated by the dick answer's. Try both if you can. Most guys will let you get behind their rig and at least dry fire. So many different combinations, it's a tough one only you can answer.
Excellent response. Actually attempted to answer his question instead of attempting to be a wise ass. Seems to be a fucking million of them around here.