Flatline Ops anti-cant - is this normal?

darth_ritis

money hater
Minuteman
Supporter
  • Jun 19, 2013
    Frederick, CO
    I ordered a Flatline Ops fixed bubble level, and it arrived today. The lower half is 35mm and the upper half is 34mm. Is this typical quality for Flatline Ops or did I just get a broken unicorn? I want a bubble level and thought this would be a really nice one, but this particular copy is garbage.

IMG_0517.JPG

OP, your picture looks just like all the pictures for the Flatline Ops bubble levels on Midway's website. Curious as to how you determined top half was 34mm and lower half was 35mm? :confused:

The visible mismatch on the inside radius at the attachment point where the screw secures the two halves together appears to be a design feature throughout their line. (y)

I've got three and there is a gap between where the bottom ring and the upper meet opposite the hinge side. Yours looks more pronounced than mine. That could be the incorrect lower ring. Give them a call, the CS is good. They'll make it right.

The screws would not reach across the gap on the 35mm scope, and the top half had a distinct gap in the center where it would not sit flush on the scope tube. When I put the top half on a 34mm scope it fit perfectly. I tried a 30mm scope and it was definitely too big. Seemed pretty clear-cut to me.