• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

For all the 1911 fans................Ed Brown dies...........

I've always been partial to the Ed Brown style of 1911s, specifically the commander w/ the bob.

God's speed Mr. Brown.
I drew alot of inspiration from Mr. Brown on this Bob commander. No one did SS like him. He contributed alot and will be missed.
20230813_144255.jpg
20230813_144832.jpg
20230813_144139.jpg

I remember Chip McCormick and I talking in the early 1980's about grip safeties and how to get the highest grip and he said "There's a guy named Brown thats come out with one where the hammer actually sits in a groove inside the beavertail."

That beavertail launched Ed Brown's name into the competative shooting circles and the modern 1911.

He pioneered a lot of changes but was kind of a jerk in the CS area
I've heard that and apparently les baer is even worse. I had a slight issue on a used Evo9 I bought, Ed was nothing but helpful. Sometimes these internet CS tales get blown up or maybe the poor CS was from a customer that started off interaction with a shitty attitude.

Reactions: Marinevet1
I've heard that and apparently les baer is even worse. I had a slight issue on a used Evo9 I bought, Ed was nothing but helpful. Sometimes these internet CS tales get blown up or maybe the poor CS was from a customer that started off interaction with a shitty attitude.
lol, talking to Les is always a fun experience.