• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Ford Phucking you over again 🤪

DÌ·eÌ·vÌ·iÌ·lÌ·DÌ·oÌ·cÌ·AÌ·ZÌ·

Banned x2 🤪
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2014
Yuma, AZ
It wasn’t that long ago Ford found themselves getting backlash because they were selling your driving habits to your insurance.

Now they want to send it straight to the fuzz.

Idk why anyone would buy their stuff moving forward.

Your smart phone already has all that, even GPS, and can enable audio and video record without your permission.

What if.... Ford patent this tech just to bury it so no one else can do it ? Basically "create it to own, then stop it" type deal ?

Im not aware of any law in any country which forces a company to use their tech or patents ? Maybe this is a stone wall idea ?

Reactions: SilentStalkr
Your smart phone already has all that, even GPS, and can enable audio and video record without your permission.

What if.... Ford patent this tech just to bury it so no one else can do it ? Basically "create it to own, then stop it" type deal ?

Im not aware of any law in any country which forces a company to use their tech or patents ? Maybe this is a stone wall idea ?
Many a patent has been purchased to be buried, but since they are actively developing it, I doubt it.

It's like that patent that Bill Geissele has for tracking firearms all the way from the manufacturer, to the distributor, the retail store, the consumer and any subsequent transferee. He was sure full of excuses when word got out about his patent. I don't know if the Feds are currently using his system, but that type of program is how they traced the President Trump assassination attempt firearm within 30 minutes.

Reactions: Bender
It's like that patent that Bill Geissele has for tracking firearms all the way from the manufacturer, to the distributor, the retail store, the consumer and any subsequent transferee. He was sure full of excuses when word got out about his patent. I don't know if the Feds are currently using his system, but that type of program is how they traced the President Trump assassination attempt firearm within 30 minutes.
Tracking a firearm is one thing but reporting that I speed is a totally different thing. When people start getting speeding tickets in the mail, they'll realize just how spot on George Orwell was. Total bs imo.

It wasn’t that long ago Ford found themselves getting backlash because they were selling your driving habits to your insurance.

Now they want to send it straight to the fuzz.

Idk why anyone would buy their stuff moving forward.

There actually is a valid strategy in tech to just sit on something and apply for a patent to keep anyone else from fielding it. Its a way to kill something you don't want out in the wild. I very seriously doubt that this will ever be fielded.

So you think GM/Stellantis (Dodge)/MBZ/BMW/VW/Toyota/Nissan/Honda.....et fucking al aren't doing this ?

Wake the fuck up, they all have BEEN doing this for years now.
Your permission is not requested or required, thank you very much.

Oh, but da Fordz....they be evil.
They ALL are evil you idiot.

Everything connected to the internet either already spies on you or is going to spy on just as soon as some MBA figures out how to make money off of using it to spy on you. And the Government does everything in it's power to encourage this because it lets them buy access to so much data that it's now child's play to spy on and manipulate regular Americans.

Reactions: 375fan and Bender
1722163868532.png

• Haha
Reactions: lash
if you've been paying attention, Ford hates its customers and treats them like garbage. its a strange Stockholm syndrome deal. people keep buying their low quality products. its insane
They all hate their customers. Dodge/Jeep/Ram is complete fucking trash and has been for decades, GM engineers all need to be fired, European cars are all high maintenance and unreliable junk. Don't even get me started on the build quality of Tesla. Nobody builds an automobile that will reliably last for 20 years anymore. 10 years old and they aren't worth fixing anymore. Honda isn't even remotely as reliable as they once were.

The big 3 manufacturers need to get back to building good vehicles, and all come together and tell our government no to their dumbass demands when it comes to "safety" driver assist items and unattainable and foolish emissions requirements. Ford needs to get rid of that moron Jim Farley and his team. All he is doing is bankrupting the corporation in the name of environmental and social justice.

Toyota is at least pushing back on the all electric nonsense. They have said they will let the market decide what they want, which is smart. But their reliability with the new 3.4L engines and the massive recall is similar to Hyundai/KIA and their 4 cylinder engine class action lawsuit that led to extended engine warranties.

Looks like a manufacturing issue with metal debris in the motor. At least they are going to replace all the affected motors; I’m guessing the US and certainly the European manufactures would not do a thing, bury the facts, wait to see how big the problem became, and then either claim ignorance or that there was no problem. I’m glad my Tundra has the 5.7, it’s thirsty, but will run for a very long time. I expect the 4.0 in my Runner to last many years as well. There’s a reason when you see a picture of a terrorist in the Middle East in a vehicle it’s normally a Toyota.

Reactions: thejeep
22 and 23 Tundra's are disaster. Engines blowing, plastic trim pieces and stereo knobs breaking within 5k miles. Junk. Im a service writer, see it everyday.

Sad to hear, my ‘16 4 Runner and ‘17 Tundra have been solid, no issues. Hope Toyota gets that crap lined out. I got rid of a 1989 FJ62 that had over 250k on with no issues when I bought the Tundra.

Or... they already knew the information long before the shooting happened.

Remember when was the last time some shooter was not "Known to the FBI"? ...
True. Like the FBI, then directed by Robert Mueller, had a list of the terrorists on 9/11, that same day, within a few hours. Then, they had to make another list because the first list had two guys who had passed away in 2000, one from an accident, the other from an illness.

Keystone Kops.

Reactions: lash and gigamortis
They all hate their customers. Dodge/Jeep/Ram is complete fucking trash and has been for decades, GM engineers all need to be fired, European cars are all high maintenance and unreliable junk. Don't even get me started on the build quality of Tesla. Nobody builds an automobile that will reliably last for 20 years anymore. 10 years old and they aren't worth fixing anymore. Honda isn't even remotely as reliable as they once were.

The big 3 manufacturers need to get back to building good vehicles, and all come together and tell our government no to their dumbass demands when it comes to "safety" driver assist items and unattainable and foolish emissions requirements. Ford needs to get rid of that moron Jim Farley and his team. All he is doing is bankrupting the corporation in the name of environmental and social justice.

Toyota is at least pushing back on the all electric nonsense. They have said they will let the market decide what they want, which is smart. But their reliability with the new 3.4L engines and the massive recall is similar to Hyundai/KIA and their 4 cylinder engine class action lawsuit that led to extended engine warranties.
Quoted so everyone can read again.

A bunch of bs electronic bs

And class action law suits for junk transmissions that fail so much.

I feel like some people here don’t own their cars past the warranty // payment period

placeholder until i can get to a real key board tomorrow

My phone has GPS. My company phone has one, too. We use GPS trackers on our trucks and the phone app will show where I am at in relation to the map and other vehicles.

19 f250 gas motor. How can I override computer so it doesn't limit power to the wheels when a tire is spinning. Turning traction control off doesn't do enough. I need full power. What's the point of a v8 if you can't smoke the tires sometimes. I want to lock the rear diff and roast both rears if the mood strikes.

Ford used the 7.3L diesel, before that it was the 6.9L
They should have stopped at the pump & line turbo option 7.3, even though the head bolt pattern sucked if you planned on turning the fuel screw a 1/4 turn.

Now, the throw away IH DV 550 or later 9 liter between the frame rails of a F350 or better, was more than enough if your right foot could stop twisting the drive shaft or axles off.

Last edited:
19 f250 gas motor. How can I override computer so it doesn't limit power to the wheels when a tire is spinning. Turning traction control off doesn't do enough. I need full power. What's the point of a v8 if you can't smoke the tires sometimes. I want to lock the rear diff and roast both rears if the mood strikes.

Hold TC off button for 10 or 30s… can’t remember which.

OK boys and girls, let's review - if an electronic device has a radio, assume that it's spying on you. Private companies have broad access to this data, and there is no effective safeguard against the authorities from acquiring that data indirectly and using it against you. There are no exceptions.

That's why you stick with older stuff. 1990 one ton with a 6.2 diesel.

Things might be bad, but not so bad that I'm going back to the 6.2L diesel. The good news is that even if such a vehicle were capable of ratting me out to the police, there's about zero likelihood that I'm breaking the speed limit.