France KO2M

THEIS

Hi, Sincerely
Banned !
Minuteman
    Hi,

Well it looks like everyone had a great time at the France King of 2 Miles.
    Here is the official scorecard as posted on their FB page.

Here is the winner:

Maybe member @BlueVFRank can give us some personal insight on the match since his Team and rifle design took 4th place.

Sincerely,
    Theis

Last edited:
    Hi,

I wonder if Molina from Italy had a weapon or ammunition problem on day 2 because day 1 he was on like Donkey Kong....With Pim De Waard from Dutch Long Arms right behind him.

Not a bad showing for the Ascalan rifle from Dutch Long Arms, being it was its' first time in the wild outside of load development for this match.

Sincerely,
    Theis

Last edited:
    Reactions: LastShot300
    Hi,

I wonder if Molina from Italy had a weapon or ammunition problem on day 2 because day 1 he on like Donkey Kong....With Pim De Waard from Dutch Long Arms right behind him.

Not a bad showing for the Ascalan rifle from Dutch Long Arms, being it was its' first time in the wild outside of load development for this match.

Sincerely,
    Theis
    Can't say, but one thing is for sure, after 2000/2500 meters the odds are down for everyone. The tech is not ready for much farther.

Reactions: THEIS
    Hi,

I personally think the tech is there to go farther BUT getting everything (Weapon, Ammunition, Shooter and Etc) lined out to get best results of said Tech while on the clock is the real key in these competitions.

Slight change in wind and the firing solution you just had is now useless. Compound just that issue with the clock constraints and odds go down real fast at those distances :)

Sincerely,
    Theis

Hi,

I personally think the tech is there to go farther BUT getting everything (Weapon, Ammunition, Shooter and Etc) lined out to get best results of said Tech while on the clock is the real key in these competitions.

Slight change in wind and the firing solution you just had is now useless. Compound just that issue with the clock constraints and odds go down real fast at those distances :)

Sincerely,
    Theis
    Well, you summed up perfectly what I'm trying to say, but in my view one of the limits is the tech because you need near perfect BCs (not the usual 5% bias), perfect velocity (not the usual 5%), etc.. you get the picture. Plus the sensors to feed down all the real-time data like wind, etc. Clock ticking is part of the game and I understand there is plenty to take the shot. Watching some videos of KO2M in France I wondered why Bruno Put shot like he was taking flak:oops: man he was freaking out!

How come the winner did poorly the first day, was by chance realy bad weather for him the first day, to make him speed up..About the scoring what was the multipier for 1st, and 2nd hits.. Ed

Hi,

From what I gather @Dan Warner .... Bruno was shooting a 375 SnipeTac with your 361gr Flatline in Petersen brass.

Sincerely,
    Theis

I've seen both cartridges posted. There is a picture of it too in the palm of someone's hand, but because there is a lack of scale, it is difficult to tell exactly witch cartridge it is. But since it is posted in the official results, I will certainly agree that is was a Snipe Tac.

Hi,

I wonder if Molina from Italy had a weapon or ammunition problem on day 2 because day 1 he was on like Donkey Kong....With Pim De Waard from Dutch Long Arms right behind him.

Sincerely,
    Theis
    There used to be a guy on here that had the handle PP.
    I thought he was from Italy.
    This would have ben right up his alley.

R

from Facebook, here goes the details of Bruno's gun as posted by Eduardo Fontucuberta

ARMECA 375 SNIPE TAC
    BARREL: LOTHAR WALTHER 32” TWIST 1:10
    BRAKE : CHEY TAC
    ACTION: BARNARD P-CHEY ss
    STOCK : Armeca Custom made
    MOUNT : ERA TAC 0-70MOA
    SCOPE: Nightforce Beast MIL-R 5-25x56
    BIPOD : LRA
    AMMO
    BULLET: Warner 361gr Flat Line
    CASE: Peterson
    Powder: VV N570
    Primer : FED 215M
    Speed : 940ms

https://armeca-vpc.fr/

Reactions: camotoe
    Guns are legal in France?
    Must've been some either US or the Germans left over there in WWII. Any French gun - never been fired only been dropped once. Wonder why a bunch of people who say "c' est le guerre" even care about marksmanship.

I'm out. I can bash the French all day long but have nothing to contribute to any discussion of shooting past 1000 yards. Please forgive my intrusion.

God bless America