• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Frankford case tumbler or????

Freediver111

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon
A buddy of mine gave me his old case tumbler, but its not really a tumbler. It's some sort of old school plastic pad with a ziploc style container on top that essentially vibrates with walnut media inside.

Honestly I don't think it does the best job. Thinking about getting the Frankford arsenal version that appears to do a better job circulating the media.

Is that the best bet or should I think about something else? I see a lot of reviews for the stainless still pin rotary drums, but I have to think they will cause more issues to your brass in the long run. Ultrasonic versions seem ok, but for $35 the Frankfrod tumbler is tough to beat if it works.......

Mines still going ok I'm sure there is better out there guys will chime in

Attachments

• 1520552397399-1565789335.jpg
    1520552397399-1565789335.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 43
I've worn out two or three Frankfort vibe tumblers. I use a berrys now. Same guys that make the plated bullets. They make a couple for others to put their name on as well.

I’ve used the same Frankford tumbler for about seven years and thousands upon thousands of cases. A capful of NuFinish every three or four batches, a used dryer sheet cut into quarters and 3-4 hours later the cases look almost brand new. No dumping out dirty water, no drying brass in the oven or the sun. It’s clean, quick and easy. A no-brainer for me.

I have an older Hornady vibratory tumbler and a newer Lyman. I run freshly-fired cases in the Hornady, and use the Lyman once they've been cleaned/resized in order to get the resizing goo off of them. The reason I use two tumblers is so that the media that I use to clean the carbon off of fired cases doesn't get contaminated with resizing goo.