• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Freebie for SH'ers: ballistics tables in excel all pretty-nated.

I see people asking about ballistics tables here periodically and so I thought, "Here's something I can contribute to." I maintain a spreadsheet called ballistic_XLR that's free to download and that I provide free support for. It's based on the Pejsa/Jackson Rifles spreadsheet but has been massively expanded and formatted to make useful printable field tables.

You can download it free at http://www.ballisticxlr.com. Support is available via email to [email protected]. Support is totally free and usually responses are same day. If you find a bug, report it so I can fix it.

Disclosure:
I do offer a service on my site printing custom tables out for you on Revlar waterproof media as well as various sorts of range cards and related bits (waterproof, not just resistant). The printed tables are impervious to water and most forms of wear and tear outside of deliberate abuse. I don't sell them as such. That would imply I do it often or make money on the deal. In reality I just make them for anyone that wants them at my cost or less. Usually lose a buck or two on the deal but I make a lot of great contacts and a few friends too. Please do not take this as advertising a business. The last thing I need is more stuff to do. I'm happy to help the long range shooting community and use up the large supply of Revlar I have on hand and maybe make some friends if I'm really lucky. Deployed US soldiers in combat zones get theirs discounted (to substantially under my cost) as my thank you for your service.

The tables are intended to be used in printed form. TiborasaurusRex (youtube) helped with table designs, layout and the usage protocol. I've included data for -1,-2,-3inHg and +1,+2,+3inHg plus your station pressure and it goes to 2490m. There's a calc form and range cards and reticle subtends and all kinds of goodies in there. Check it out and report bugs to the email address above.

Thanks. I downloaded it as I'm just starting to enter the XLR arena and will be working this out over this next year. Once I have the tables I need that work, I'll likely order some of those custom printed on Revlar that you offer.

Bug One, page one, Pocket PC Input,
Down on bottom left, under the title "Full Metric?" the window that pops up to the right (the yellow one) actually doesn't open up all the way, and you only see the tops of the letters of the top sentence. So, if one wanted to, how does one engage "full metric" option?

Spamassassin

I'm having issues with my output being accurate. At 300yds I was 1-1.25 MOA higher than the charts were predicting. Any ideas of things to check? FPS is correct per magnetospeed.

Last edited:
I've been using BallisticPRS for a year and it's great. I use it so I can print cards for my wrist coach (arm board) and get the DA from my Kestrel.

Thanks for doing all of this.

Reactions: PrepareSmarter
Do you see a 1:1 correlation with AB from the Kestrel?
It's just math. If you do an equation on one computer versus a different one, the result should not diverge. Differences in how the mathematics are actually done might net very slight departures from one to the next but any big differences are a sign of bad inputs.

Spamassassin

I'm having issues with my output being accurate. At 300yds I was 1-1.25 MOA higher than the charts were predicting. Any ideas of things to check? FPS is correct per magnetospeed.
Sorry for the lag, I don't get to the hide much. That level of difference suggests a click value error or a bad zero. MV differnces that are in the range of what I'd call normal up to what I'd call "whoops" shouldn't have that much effect that close in.

PrepareSmarter, please email ballisticxlr at gmail so we can work out what's up there. Betcha it's an easy fix in the inputs.

Reactions: Wormydog1724