• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

From todays match

shooter65

General
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Jun 19, 2004
    Indiana
    Henry Song first place 199 - 12 x
    Dennis second - 198 5x
    Mark 3rd - 196 7x

Henry...I just can't bring myself to rag on you for wearing a recoil pad. Not when you shoot the way you did. well done my friend. Dennis excellent shooting also.

This match is for 22LR only and is open to bolt action as well as semi auto rifles. This month’s match will be different from the previous matches in that it will all be an all paper match shot at 100 yards, from the prone position. The targets will be the NRA MR31C targets, which are the 600 yard target reduced to 100 yards. The 10 ring is 1.75 inches in diameter and the X ring is .75 inches in diameter. There will be a total of 20 rounds fired for score with an allowed 5 rounds as sighters during the string. Rifles may be shot either from a bipod or with a sling. No other type of front rests will be allowed. Rear butt bags are allowed however no B/R type rear rest (bunny ears, owl ears, etc) is allowed. Ammo will be restricted to standard velocity ammunition with all lead bullets. (Target ammo such as Wolf Match Target is highly recommended) The use of spotting scopes by shooters during their relay is allowed.

Saugusprone19-5-090001.jpg

Saugusprone29-5-090001.jpg

Saugusprone39-5-090001.jpg

Saugusprone49-5-090001.jpg

Saugusprone69-5-09.jpg

Re: From todays match

APTS – 22LR Prec Match Results 09-05-09

Here are the results from our match today. My AAR is in another thread in this section.

100/600 match – 4 targets – top possible score: 200 points-20X

Fist Place – Henry Song – 199 / 12X
    Second Place – Dennis Dannehl – 198 / 5X
    Third Place – Mark Edgreen – 196 / 7X

Score breakdowns

Henry Song – 199 / 12X
    Dennis Dannehl – 198 / 5X
    Mark Edgreen – 196 / 7X
    Burke Johnson – 194 / 7X
    Alan Campbell – 194 / 2X
    Felix Kupis – 191 / 6X
    Cameron Wong – 191 / 4X
    Devin Dolan – 190 / 3X
    Ronnie Sorrells – 189 / 5X
    Wes Chilton – 187 / 5X
    Ben Serebrini – 185 / 4X
    James Dolan – 183 / 4X
    John Hermesmeyer – 173 / 2X

Congratulations to all for a very well shot match. Honorable mention goes to the top three shooters and to those that survived their first 22LR precision rifle match.

Thanks for a great match y’all and a hearty congrats to today’s winners.

As a reminder October’s match will be a two-day affair. Sat afternoon and Sunday morning, October 3 & 4, 2009. A formal announcement regarding this will be posted no later than Monday as I need to clear up a couple of small details with the range’s owner.

Re: From todays match

APTS – 09/05/09 – 22LR Prec Match Report

Today we had our monthly 22LR Prec Rifle Match at A Place to Shoot in Saugus, California. We had a couple of new faces for this match and a few not so new but returning. The day typical summer time weather at A Place to Shoot; the temp hovered around 100, the humidity was a little higher than normal and the ever-present afternoon wind was present.

There were plaques given to the top three competitors as follows: First Place – Henry Song (who may have started a new fashion craze); Second Place – Dennis Dannehl; and Third Place – Mark Edgeen.

The following is a breakdown of the match:

Today’s match was a modified version of a typical long-range high power match.

The competitors shot five rounds each on four different targets for score, for a total of 20 rounds, 200 points maximum. The competitors also had a 5th sighting target and were allowed to shoot a maximum of 5 sighters during their string of five. The shooters had 25 minutes total to shoot all their 20 rounds for score.

The target used was the MR31C which is the NRA 600 yard target reduced to 100 yards. I used the center type target which was complete through the 5 ring. The X ring on this target is ¾ inch and the 10 ring is 1 ¾ inch.

The match was shot from prone supported (bipod) and the competitors were allowed to used a rear bean bag (no BR style rear bags were allowed). The competitors were allowed to use spotting scopes and or spotters during the match.

This was the first time I have given this type of precision match at APTS (traditional target scoring with X count as opposed to hit and miss scoring etc) and was very well pleased with everyone’s score. While the normal tac/prec type match tests your skills as a rifleman, which includes the basics of marksmanship, the type of match shot today tests your skills as a marksman.

All in all it was a very good match and all did very well.