• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Firearms FS Blaser Pro Receiver with adjustable Comb and AREA 419 pic rail

DetroitRearView

Hunter Shooter
Minuteman
  • May 24, 2013
    Park County, WY
    $1750.00 shipped to FFL SOLD

I have two of these which is not necessary as everytime I change out barrels the return to zero is perfect. They have discontinued this particular receiver in favor of a thumbhole (strange looking IMHO and heavier Plus more$$)

The barrel channel on this receiver/stock will accept any diameter barrel from full match down to the slim standard barrels.

I installed the AREA 419 radiused pic rail for bipod/tripod use and with the nicely rounded edges it is smooth so as to not be an issue shooting offhand etc. Solid as a rock, pictured is my LW 6.5 SAUM setup - but I also run a heavy match 300N barrel/TBAC Ultra can/etc and this pic rail is 100% solid in any application.

Includes Fire control unit, everything else except receiver/pic/Fire control for illustration purposes only.

5818918B-18E1-45F9-8DF4-0E6B33B02394.jpeg
    1E722763-948D-402F-854A-B641C6C2AB65.jpeg
    5CA56E99-362D-4569-ADBE-B909552BBB2B.jpeg
    C70E5C1C-3F90-4978-807C-9EA0B7194618.jpeg
    92BA5EF8-54C3-4768-8858-A7098B7B7B38.jpeg

Last edited:
    Reactions: Wyfox
    This it the receiver to buy if you are remotely considering a R8....

The Adjustable cheek is mandatory for scoped usage!
    Thanks for that addition; actually I should have added “y’all know that you have to adjust your cheek relationship to stay correct on the scope depending on the various field positions that you will undoubtably find yourself in while making good LR shots in the field. I would not have been able to get everything right w/o this adj comb feature when making a hurried stalk on this bull on the move.

AC32D4DA-A768-4B59-B13C-2CE3DADC24D4.jpeg

Last edited:
    Has anyone ever told you before how you look a lot like an older woman?

The big problem with the R8 Stocks in general is the comb is designed for their ironsighted barrels and not to be inline for their own optics mounts. Similar to Ruger's nonsense....

This receiver is the only one to really address that issue. Trust me. I used to own a few and now own none because I couldn't find one of these at the time.

Has anyone ever told you before how you look a lot like an older woman?

The big problem with the R8 Stocks in general is the comb is designed for their ironsighted barrels and not to be inline for their own optics mounts. Similar to Ruger's nonsense....

This receiver is the only one to really address that issue. Trust me. I used to own a few and now own none because I couldn't find one of these at the time.
    Well, I am 67. I do the best I can, but have never been accused as looking like an old woman!

Reactions: Vitali1342