• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

GA Precision Templar V3 Action

Cummins06

Private
Minuteman
Sep 23, 2021
Jefferson City, MO
Does anyone have any firsthand experience with the GA Precision Templar V3 action? From a bit of research, it appears the action is an Impact 737r action that has been modified to GA Precision's specs. I know the Impact 737r action is a 75 degree bolt throw and it looks as if the GA Precision Templar V3 is a 90 degree bolt throw. If you have one or have handled one, I'd love to hear your feedback.

The GAP action looks like an Impact to me ... I have a 737 and it is an awesome action. There is a reason (or reasons) why they are so popular.

If you are happy with GAP's price and specs... I am sure you will be happy with any GAP rifle

I'm debating on building a custom rifle or just ordering the TCS Team Rifle from GA Precision. The TCS Team Rifle uses the Templar V3 action. If I were to build a custom rifle, I've narrowed the actions down to the Impact 737r, the Curtis Valor, or a Defiance Deviant Tactical.

Does anyone have any firsthand experience with the GA Precision Templar V3 action? From a bit of research, it appears the action is an Impact 737r action that has been modified to GA Precision's specs. I know the Impact 737r action is a 75 degree bolt throw and it looks as if the GA Precision Templar V3 is a 90 degree bolt throw. If you have one or have handled one, I'd love to hear your feedback.
The 737 were originally all 90 degree, but Impact came out with a 75 degree bolt a couple months ago for those who like that sort of thing. Impact is making actions for GA now that bare the GA logo, but not sure if any actual working specs are changed or not.

Reactions: DeathBeforeDismount
Defiance who has it locked down with GA for atleast the last 10 years, priced themselves out of the market. Doesn't hurt that impact just plain makes a better all around action.

Whatever you get make sure there is readily available prefits. That's another area impact leads the pack. In stock bartlien and CRB finished prefits with no wait.

Defiance who has it locked down with GA for atleast the last 10 years, priced themselves out of the market. Doesn't hurt that impact just plain makes a better all around action.

Whatever you get make sure there is readily available prefits. That's another area impact leads the pack. In stock bartlien and CRB finished prefits with no wait.
I'm not sure if the GA Templar V3 allows for prefits. I am waiting to hear back from them on a few questions I had.

I highly doubt it. Impact is not building some whole different speced action to sell a few dozen to GA precision, when they cant make them fast enough to sell at full retail price. Its a private label deal most likely with their name on the side of it.

Defiance would let you spec shit out, which is a big part of why the previous owners drove the company into the ground. They sucked at runnng a business and now their prices are higher than elephant pussy, which is why so many are no longer using them as a OEM.

defiance was always too high, the difference was many people had more more money 4 years ago, plus there weren't options just as good at about half the price.
I owned defiance in the past and they're nice actions, but the arc cdg is sweet.