• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site Updates Coming Soon - We're Updating The Homepage!

We've got some exciting changes coming, check the thread below for more info!

VIEW THREAD

Gas Mitigation system for DD MK18 w/ Suppressor

rossini

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2022
Maricopa County
I've got a DD MK18 10.3 that I am attaching a Surefire SOCOM suppressor to. I am installing a Radiant Raptor-SD charging handle to help with the gas blowback and am leaning towards putting in an H5 buffer as well. Does it make sense to match the heavier buffer along with replacing the stock spring with something more appropriate or is the heavier buffer good enough?

Is it an RC2? 5.56 bore?

You can use and adjustable gas block.

I think H5 is probably a bit much.

Springco blue with an H3 would likely be fine.

You can also check out the BRT eztune gas tubes with port sizes as low as .067 if you don't want an adjustable gas block.

I run an h3 buffer and a sprinco spring in all my sbrs with an rc2. No issues

Reactions: Gasgun
I've got a DD MK18 10.3 that I am attaching a Surefire SOCOM suppressor to. I am installing a Radiant Raptor-SD charging handle to help with the gas blowback and am leaning towards putting in an H5 buffer as well. Does it make sense to match the heavier buffer along with replacing the stock spring with something more appropriate or is the heavier buffer good enough?

Also do NOT use a warcomp. Get a surefire muzzle device with Labyrinth seals.

Lhnkvie.jpg

If you do not the mounting interface will leak and the silencer will be noticeably louder and your can will probably carbon lock.

Also do NOT use a warcomp. Get a surefire muzzle device with Labyrinth seals.
If you do not the mounting interface will leak and the silencer will be noticeably louder and your can will probably carbon lock.
Yes, I have the Surefire 3 prong flash hider so I should be good to go in that regard.

Reactions: Clayman
I shoot that exact setup. The radian charging handle plus an H3 buffer but I went with the Geissele braided wire and I get spent brass at 4:30 to 5. I am never going to shoot it enough to experience this problem but I have been told that running the surefire pronged flash hider will lead to quicker damage to the closest baffles. I went with one of their comps but I only shoot it suppressed.

I have a friend who shoots one and he uses one of the OSS/HuxWrx cans and he does get less gas back than I do. To me, there is not enough gas blowback that I ever tried to mess with some kind of adjustable gas system.

This helps with blowback more than my Geissele SCH.

SiCo gas defeating charging handle. Google.