• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Getting Tired of "looks like a scam"

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Don't get me wrong, we want to report and remove scammers,

But accounts with 500 posts or more are not scammers, and if the account was "hacked" it's super easy to check it's the email address. When they "hack" accounts they are changing the email address and password. We can go in, change the password and email back and fix it, but we have to know fast.

Now I am noticing a trend where people have no clue and report members to "check" or they believe it is fishy.

This is why your bullshit posts about "scammers' are doing no good, now, you guys see scammers everywhere, especially where none exist

If you don't have proof, you better put in more effort than just hitting report and typing, Looks like a scammer, or looks fishy.

We are not here to vet your suspicions about an account. Either show up with Evidence or put in your own work to prove it.

I definitely know many of you are using it to "test" the sale ahead of time, gotta stop, you are causing problems.

We don't have 1000 scammers on here, we see one or two accounts that make one or two extra accounts, it's not some widespread thing.

Last edited:
    If you want to check an FFL just go to https://fflezcheck.atf.gov/FFLEzCheck/
    and enter the required numbers.
    Example: 1-23-×××-××-××-1234
    That will pull up the license information including the business name. Look them up and give them a call. I had a scammer who was selling ammo on Instagram. I ran the FFL number they gave me and then called the business. The guy who answered the phone said someone was using his FFL and he had reported it to the ATF. The process took only a few minutes. So get an FFL number and find the phone number yourself, call and confirm. Do your own vetting, it's not difficult.

Reactions: FireFoot and KZP
    There have been a few times where I see people in their first few posts necro a thread and post something. Not always a necro though. Then a little while later (hours later or next day or a few days later) they edit the post and add a link to some outside site. Generally it seems like the thread was found through a search engine.

I have reported those before.

Is that appropriate?

Previous posts were 2 months previous.
    Thread was about 1930's Africa cruises.
    SmartSelect_20220209-064728_Chrome.jpg

Poster has another from today in a Payroll Company is Down thread from December.

Last edited: