• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

getting to 200/scope question and i am super drunk

grunt soldier

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 20, 2009
indianapolis
ok so i bought a used super sniper 3-9 ffp and put it on my 10-22. it was sitting on the guys 308. i believe the ss has 25 mils total. so i zero'd today at 50 yards. it took me 18 mils up to get it zero'd also it was pretty damn cold so that could have something to do w/ it. so that only leaves me 7 mils left. or i believe like 25.2 moa. i think i need about 30 moa/ 9 mils to get out to 200. it was pretty close bore sighted to his zero just low and right. so i went w/ it. my question is would it have made a difference at all if i would have ran it all the way back down off his zero and went from scratch. i think i am over thinking this just because no matter whether i used his zero or not i would have had to go up 18 mils anyway to get it zero'd. blah i have been drinking alot and am not thinking right. i suppose i could just not worry about and by a 20 moa base and re zero that should easily give me what i need to get out to 200 and even beyond i think enough to get almost to 300. let me know if i am over thinking this and just need to get a 20 moa base.

the only reason i ask is cause one of my uso's i had was way off and it was because the reticle wasn't actually centered to where i had equal amount of up and down travel. i also had this problem in one of my scopes in the army. i just ran it all the way to the bottom then counted clicks all the way up and then came back half way and it was centered. but w/ the super sniper and the exposed turrets i don't see how that would work really. any help is appreciated.

Re: getting to 200/scope question and i am super d

wow i was definitely drunk last night. i was definitely over thinking it. obviously if it took 18 mils even off his zero that is what it would have took either way. and yes i counted it multiple times its 25 mils/ or roughly 90 moa of travel which isn't bad but i suppose it could be more. i guess i will just order the egw 20 moa base for it and be good to go.

lol i gave up drunk calling and texting. i guess drunk posting took over lol

and bolt it was straight jack single barrel and miller lite

you werent the only impaired one. i was thinking 25 moa, not 25 mils. you may still be in trouble, in 4 to 6 weeks UPS may bring you some ginsu knives or a new chia pet

lol axe i have had that happen a couple times when i am like wtf is this i never ordered this. then i remember my drunken stupors. i really like the scope the only real down side is no zero stop and its only 5 mils per revolution so it takes a min to get up there