Giraud annealer

Re: Giraud annealer

I just got mine a couple weeks ago. Got it a lot faster than the 5-6 weeks mentioned on their site - more like 2 weeks.

I had a thread going just a few days ago about the correct neck temperature to shoot for. There is a difference of opinion between the Giraud instructions and the info on the BenchSource site. The consensus is that 750+ degrees for a few seconds will do the job properly. THIS article confirms that.

I am using Tempilaq paint as a temperature indicator while setting the machine speed for each new caliber. I got it HERE. I've made two orders and got each within 48 hours. Be sure and get a bottle of thinner, too. I'm using 350 paint on the bottom of the case to make sure it doesn't get too hot, but 400 or so would probably work fine.

I had trouble with my .223 cases dropping rear-first onto the transfer plate - even standing upright - when I followed the instructions for setting up. I removed all the spacers between the feed wheel and the machine body (per instructions from Doug) and that fixed the problem right away. These were LC cases with a heavier web than some other brands, so it may not be needed in every case.

HERE is my thread with info from other users.

Re: Giraud annealer

anybody use DJ's Brass restoration service? I started looking into the annealing process for my 338LM brass, but quite frankly if this guy does a good job at $25/100 cases, it's a slam dunk for me. You can PM with a response if you'd like.
I'd love to use my time on other things rather than torching brass all night for a whole week.