Giraud Trimmer-is it accurate to 1/1000th?

kwak

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2010
MI
Is this trimmer really accurate to within 1/1000th of a inch?

If it is +/- 1/1000th that means a possible difference between cases of 2/1000th.

What kind of accuracy are you getting with yours?

Re: Giraud Trimmer-is it accurate to 1/1000th?

Mine wanders alittle between lots or when I'm doing mixed headstamps but I think that is the differences in the brass dims. I check it and if it is with 2 thousands, I'm good. I'm usually doing a batch of 250+ at a time, so I'm OK with the trim being off alittle.

Yup if your sizing is consistent and you've got the seater die nice and snug it won't wander more than .002 on average from what I've seen.

You can't shoot the difference, I don't understand what peoples fascination is with how accurate there trimmers are or are not

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can't shoot the difference, I don't understand what peoples fascination is with how accurate there trimmers are or are not </div></div>

Agree.

Two points... First, because the giraud indexes off the shoulder and not the casehead, it is bound to have "inaccuracies or variation when meausuring the total case length. Second, it's still accurate. I've only had my giraud a few weeks and have trimmed about 2000 cases. I'm seeing +/- .001-.0015 or so.