• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Glock .22 conversion??

bribri

Always Smooth
Minuteman
Supporter
  • Sep 21, 2009
    Nebraska
    I am in the market for a new sidearm and seriously cosidering a Glock 19 and I want to buy a .22 conversion kit for it. Just wondering if anyone has one and could tell me the pros and cons and if you had to do it all over again would you buy the conversion again, or just buy .22 caliber specific handgun.

Thanks

Re: Glock .22 conversion??

I've got an AA conversion for my g20. Love it. It's more accurate than the original upper, and has functioned flawlessly through the first 3 bricks or so of ammo.
    Next step, a 1/2" thread apater.
    CW

One of my favorite .22 pistols.
    I actually bought a G19 specifically so I could get an AA19-23LE kit to use on it about 4 years ago.
    The only drawback is finding a kit since the ammo madness, which really started well before the election, due to commodity prices.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frog5215</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of my favorite .22 pistols.
    The only drawback is finding a kit since the ammo madness, which really started well before the election, due to commodity prices.
    </div></div>

It took me 4-5 months of looking for my G17 kit before I just paid the proce gouging A-hole his asking price. The kits are very hard to find for a G17/G19 right now.

Great trainer though

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cwshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got an AA conversion for my g20. Love it. It's more accurate than the original upper, and has functioned flawlessly through the first 3 bricks or so of ammo.
    Next step, a 1/2" thread apater.
    CW</div></div> +1 I really like my AA conversion kit and it runs circles around my Walther P22 accuracy wise.

pros: training / low cost hole punching with the same feel and sight picture. get to use the same holsters, etc. pretty accurate also, even for a glock. with the light weightness of the slide and such, there is a feeling of recoil with high velocity also, which is nice.

cons: other than spending about the same amount on the conversion as a good quality used .22 pistol or new lower cost one, not much cons.

i believe the pros do outway the cons.

Got to like the kit!
    AA-G19-Suppressed.jpg