Good AR?

Re: Good AR?

I have a 14.5" (16" w/ the pinned FH) lightweight mid-length upper from them. I love it. I've got a couple thousand rounds through it, including 2 carbine classes and shooting in conditions from a snowstorm to murderously hot weather. I can't say a single bad thing about it.

I have had the opposite luck as market garden. I had to send a barrel back due to a chamber problem. They denied it had a problem of course but I could count on it to pop primers out pretty much on command.

Right now there is soooo much crap on the market I would very, very careful. If you can I would try and get an LE 6920 from gandrtactical.com or get a complete LMT from them or globaltactical.com

They are pricy but you will know what your getting and "buy once, cry once"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ren</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have had the opposite luck as market garden. I had to send a barrel back due to a chamber problem. They denied it had a problem of course but I could count on it to pop primers out pretty much on command.

Right now there is soooo much crap on the market I would very, very careful. If you can I would try and get an LE 6920 from gandrtactical.com or get a complete LMT from them or globaltactical.com

</div></div>

Did you get it resolved with them?

CMMG is a interesting company...I bought a new .308 lower from them that 10 different DPMS magazines would not drop free from. I noticed that in the mag well they "cut corners" and cut the mag well with an end mill instead of a broach or EDM. I contacted them and they told me that the raised tooling marks in the mag well from the end mill were A OKAY, and tried to convince me that all of my DPMS magazines were bad, magazines that I bought over 3 years from many different production runs.

I was so disappointed, I canceled my order for a G3 .308 lower. If I was you I would try and stick with tier 1 stuff, you will not regret it in the end.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Market Garden</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ren</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have had the opposite luck as market garden. I had to send a barrel back due to a chamber problem. They denied it had a problem of course but I could count on it to pop primers out pretty much on command.

</div></div>

Did you get it resolved with them? </div></div>

Yea. I sent it to them... they claimed to have "tested" it and sent it back to me. It still popped primers as soon as it got warm 20 rounds or so...I sent it back and got my money back. Even though they did the right thing, Ill never buy any of thier stuff.... too many AR manufactures out there that I know is good to go... LMT being at the top of the list.

The new Daniel Defense rifle if good to go too.