Rifle Scopes Got my new USO SN3-TPAL. Pic heavy.

pklin1297

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2008
Fontana, CA
Wanted to share some excitement, as well as some photos with you all. I personally was searching and asking for pictures of similar setups to mine so I can see certain details, and while the ones I saw and received were helpful, they weren't what I was exactly looking for, so I hope my pics will help with someone's USO buying decision in the future. Also, if you would like to see specific photos, please let me know and I will try to help out. So here they are:

SN3-TPAL 3.2-17x
Mil-GAP
35mm tube
44mm objective
Low profile eye piece
11mil per rev. EREK with Milestone
US# 1 M40 mil Windage on left
Side Parallax Knob
11 position Rheostat Red Illumination
Zero-reference line laser etched on top of tube
No "US Optics" logo on the objective bell

Scope from top - 35mm tube just "looks" better than standard 30mm.

ScopefromTop.jpg

Scope from side - I was a bit worried that the difference between the 35mm to 44mm is so minimal that I may have an almost straight tube for a scope, but as you can see it is just fine.
laugh.gif
I know, I'm shallow and it is a tool and should be treated as such, but hey, who said tools should look ugly?

TubetoBell.jpg

A little reference on size... This scope is pretty stout.

Size.jpg

A shot of the center portion where all the knobs are located. As you can see the spacing between the side parallax and US#1 M40 windage is pretty small. While it does not impede the function of either knob, I will show some pics on some concerns with this. I asked USO to try to install a US#1 knob on there to see if a cap can be put on, but no dice, the cap hits the parallax and won't allow it to go on.

PicfromTop.jpg

View from the back of scope - here you can see the reference line leading to the zero. Got this idea after reading posts from other USO 35mm tube owners about the rings covering the sight to the zero on the EREK knob. Sobrbiker also has a post describing another way to make a reference point which is great. Either way will work. You can also see the 11 on top of the 0 on the EREK, noting that this is an 11mil per revolution EREK, an option I waited a bit longer for...

110clickEREKwithLaserReferenceLine.jpg

11 position rheostat red illumination - I chose this over the new digital push-button rheostat because, well, I didn't want to wait longer for the digital, and I have used this one before and liked it. Also, you can put a cap on this one.

11PositionRheostat.jpg

Post continues below to show what I was referring to with the spacing between the windage and parallax...

Re: Got my new USO SN3-TPAL. Pic heavy.

Okay, now on to the windage and parallax knobs...

First some pictures:

This shows manipulation of the windage knob. The scalloping of the US#1 M40 just clears the top of the parallax so my fingers are able to grab and adjust it.

WindageManipulation.jpg

This shows manipulation of the parallax knob. The windage knob kind of gets in the way of this knob, but not so much that you can't get around it.

TPALManipulation.jpg

With both knobs, I tried to get behind the scope and adjust the knob as if it was mounted on a rifle (my rifle is not ready yet), so I can get a better idea on what would get in the way and such. While a bit annoying, I am still able to adjust both knobs okay, so I think I'll just have to get used to it. I would like to eventually take this scope and the eventual rifle to local tactical comps. and from reading their shooting stages I think I'll be adjusting parallax more than windage (holding for wind), I will see how that goes...

One nice item to note, I was worried that the windage knob would block the reference dot for the parallax numbers in its original position, but was pleasantly surprised that the reference dot was moved to the upper part of the side of the scope, so it can be easily seen, and the knob was adjusted according to it... Nice...

My old SN3 ERGO 3.8-22x didn't have O-rings between the ARD and the objective, or under the knob caps and now USO has them installed in these areas. Nice feature to block out some moisture and dust from getting underneath the caps I thought.

The milestone (heavier clicks every full mil) feature is nice and I know I will grow to appreciate it very much. Although, when you reach the full mil heavy click, it is a bit difficult to dial out of it, up or down, but again, just something I will have to get used to. I've tried the same feature on a S&B, and the S&B one was not as hard to dial out of the heavier click, but the heavier click was not as pronounced as the USO, and could possibly be "missed", at least I missed a couple while dialing. YMMV.

All in all, love this scope! Now I just gotta get a stock for my Howa and get this scope dialed in and tested...
smile.gif

Looks good!!

My USO just showed up yesterday (also a 3.2-17x44 T-PAL). I have the standard 9.5 Mil EREK knob, and a 30MM tube. From order to arrival, they got it to me in UNDER 5 weeks! The scope has impressed me (looking forward to shooting with it this weekend), and my NF with the Hi-Speed knobs will show up on Monday so I'll be able to make a nice comparison between the two. After playing with the USO last night, that NF has a lot to live up to
wink.gif

Good to hear firebird!

Mine took 8 months, so I am very happy for you that you didn't have to wait as long.
laugh.gif

By the way, since you also have the TPAL, I assume you have your windage installed on the right side (conventional)? Do you find any trouble manipulating the windage knob? I don't know if you got illumination or not, but if you didn't, you won't have any issues, but I would like to know if you did get the illum, whether that illum. cap impedes your windage dialing at all?

Thanks.

I'll say it before others do, pics or it didn't happen!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Didn't go with the illumination on this one, just cause I've never used it on any of my other scopes
blush.gif
Maybe I'll regret that later on? Haha, we'll see.

Here it is, mounted on a Seekins 20MOA rail and Seekins Low Rings on a stock Remington SPS Tactical. No hatin' for the crappy cellphone pic!

vcta4p.jpg

congrats i will have been waiting 13 weeks on oct. 25 its killing me i cant wait any more it's like putting on a condom you know its the right thing to do but you hate to do it !!! mine specs out like this

SN-3 T-PAL 3.2-17x44mm

T-Pal Left
44mm
EREK 1/10 MIL
U.S. #3 1/10 MIL
30mm
Matte Black Type III Hard Anodizing
Mil-Scale MPR
11 Pos Rheostat (Green)

p.s. GREAT PICS ;-)

firebird, nice setup! What is the size of the rear flip cap for the eye piece if you don't mind?

hk, I think I may know why you've waited so long... I originally spec'ed out the Mil MPR like you, but when I called a few weeks ago to check on status, Arnold told me they got a bad batch of the MPR reticle where numbers were not etched on the reticle so they had to return them. At that time there were no definitive dates when they were going to get that reticle back in so I made a last minute change to the GAP reticle.

I thought about the #3 windage also, but it is too big to be placed on the left.
laugh.gif

Pete-

I had read online that 16 was to be used for the eyepiece but all I could fin was an 18. The 18 is about perfect, and I don't think you could get any smaller of a cap on the scope so maybe the info I had found was wrong. Running a 40 on the objective.

i herd about the batch thing too (i ordered my scope through RW Snyder) and about 2 weeks ago i was being a pain in the neck and e-mailed him a how much longer type e-mail and he responded with She said about 2 weeks so im crossing my fingers about before nov. id like to get it sited in and some time behind it befoe deer season opens

Thanks for sharing. I have a SN4 on my LWRC andlast week received my SN3 T-Pal 5X25. The day I got it, I dropped it off at Phantom Finishing for some color. Hope to get it back next week.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stan462</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for sharing. I have a SN4 on my LWRC andlast week received my SN3 T-Pal 5X25. The day I got it, I dropped it off at Phantom Finishing for some color. Hope to get it back next week. </div></div>

let's see some pics when it shows up!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: yoda1988</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm jealous. Awesome scope and thanks for the pictures. </div></div>
+1.