• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Hunting & Fishing got one with the LR308

wfjames22

trigger yanker
Minuteman
  • May 8, 2009
    SW TN
    Ive been carrying it off and on since rifle season started, and finally saw a buck that I wanted to shoot. 75yds DRT with a 150gr NBT.

30lia0k.jpg

Re: got one with the LR308

Ghogs NM- I didnt do any load development, ran out of time. I had a bunch of 150gr NBT's laying around and I loaded them in front of 45gr of Varget. I think it shoots pretty good (just under 1" CTC-5 shots at 100yds), surely it will get better with some load development and some more rounds down the barrel.

High Cotton- I deer hunt mostly in W TN, in Haywood county on a buddy's farm. Thanks for the complement.

Re: got one with the LR308

Its a cheapo Simmons whitetail 6.5-20x50 from midway. It was the one that they were selling for $125 most of this year with the mildot reticle. Not bad for $125, but still a POS. I need to start investing in glass instead of more rifles and more reloading gear- I guess you have to have all of it though. The rifle is awesome and I love it, but I will always be partial to bolt guns.