• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Gunsmithing Greybull Precision Stocks

Re: Greybull Precision Stocks

they had a exibit at the last safari club in dallas.....the ones i saw looked to be HS and mcmillantype clone......i hope they are not stupid enought to use then canoue oars posing as rifle stocks

As was posted they are B&C stocks. The quality is similar to the construction of all B&C Medalist stocks.

They do make a fine hunting stock if your budget dosen't allow for a McM or Manners. For Best fit they should be skim bedded over the aluminum block.

I was told Greybull's stocks were simply a proprietary version of B&C's A2 stock without the 2x4 forend.

Based on the resemblance (and price), I can believe it.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Bell and Carlson A2</span>
bc_2999l.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Greybull</span>
New_Stock_white_glow_.png

My buddies have a few of them. They fit a hell of a lot better than any B&C or HS for that matter. I don't doubt they're made by B&C but they seem to have a better than normal fit and finish. I did skim bed all of the stocks for them. Not a bad route to go for a budget gun or a hunting stock. I had a B&C a2 stock for hunting and didn't like the squared off forend with a sling. These are much more comfortable on long walks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">they had a exibit at the last safari club in dallas.....the ones i saw looked to be HS and mcmillantype clone......i hope they are not stupid enought to use then canoue oars posing as rifle stocks</div></div>

Hahaha!!! The Greybull stock " Conoue oar " is made by B&C. Seems like others offer the B&C " Conoue oar " on what would be consider by many " Here" to be a quality rifle.
eek.gif

Look under (Stock) on the link bellow.
wink.gif
A B&C "Canoue oar" is included in a 3K package.
smile.gif

http://www.gaprecision.net/ga-precision-2012-custom-rifles/ga-precision-non-typical.html

My " Canoue oar " performs rather well and handles heavy recoil excellent.