• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Gun Owner Gets Five Years For Parking Near A School

I shudder to imagine what the awe thor it ays would have done had they known what was in my house when I lived across the fence from a middle school playground/athletics field. Probably nothing being as I was still in Idaho then and times were definitely different. However, after that rental house, I was very careful about where I chose.

Then...imagine their horror...I taught school in the Bush of Alaska. I taught most of the high school subjects. One was a class on hunting, trapping and survival. We took field trips every Friday for those that had all of their homework caught up. The school district mandated that a "responsible adult" be armed any time students would be out in the wild. I would be armed with a 454 Casull and a 300 WM. Occasionally, if I thought we might be encountering wolves, I'd take my AR (Colt SP 1). I almost always had a Ruger 22LR pistol.

Once, the state had a program of bringing ukele players and such into the schools. Art in the schools. We'd have a whole school assembly to listen to or watch these dipshits. The high school kids would be cutting up and ruin the event for the younger set (I say that tongue in cheek). My principal had me assigned to a nice big classroom that watched over the school entrance...like the other side of the window was the ramp to the front door. She had asked me to be armed at all times and I was and everyone knew it. She also asked me to start taking the hs kids out if there were one of these "artists" scheduled. One day, such was planned for after lunch. The students went home after eating lunch to gear up with cold weather gear. Meanwhile, principal is giving the "artist" a tour of the school. She stopped to talk to this gal outside my door. There I am, bandolier holster with the Casull, WM on my back, Ruger MK2 on my side, checking students back in and verifying they came back prepared. The artiste notices the firearms and starts freaking out. Principal calmly explains the District policy and that I am uniquely qualified and that she felt ever more safe since I had been hired. I had no clue until later that night when principal called to invite me over for dinner with her husband and that artist. I still had no clue about even the artist going to be there or I may have had other plans. But...I did my best and was polite and informative and I think I may have opened one set of eyes.

I taught some reloading, incorporating math and science into the lessons. Students would bring their (or their fathers or grandfathers) rifles to my housing before school and I'd remove the bolt or otherwise make it unoperable. Then they'd wait for me to go to the classroom where those rifes were stacked up orderly. We would clean and lube and such. We'd learn about use of dial calipers and measuring carefully, using a balance beam..that sort of thing. I even had old guys bringing me firearms that didn't work for me to try to figure out. I saw some real relics and even bought a 30 Carbine AMT Long Slide that needed a new extractor. That thing was fun to shoot in low light!! It was cartoonish the flame that it threw out.

EDITED for some fatfinger shit.

Last edited:
This is the kind of shit that happens when we "take the high road" and allow these poor sobbing peaceniks to share their pathetic opinions on what laws should be made and how our society is to be governed.

The fuck is the "high road" anyway? If the dirt road is anal then the high road is titty fucking. Many as far back as the late 2000s, including me, have seen the folly of shit like "take a liberal out to the range, they'll like gun culture. No they won't. If they really want to change and be part of the culture that respects and promotes responsible gun ownership and armed defense, they will seek it out themselves and PROVE to us through political activist efforts that they deserve to be part of our sphere. Otherwise, liberals are to be clowned, made fun of, and mocked wherever they make their presence known.

Dumbass.

1. He parks outside a school several days in a row for hrs at a time...
while staying in his vehicle...
with out of state plates...
in today's political climate.

2. He pleads guilty...
without a plea deal.