• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Gunpal the gunfriendly paypal?

beenjammin

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Supporter
Have any of you guys used gunpal? I treid it today and am already in a huge mess.

I tried paying a guy for a rifle I purchased and used .com in his email instead fo .net by accident.

Well the payment actually went through to some other email address and I am having a hell of a time trying to contact gunpal about it.

They have no help phone line, only email. And they have not responded in 2 hrs. I am just about to call my credit card and file a claim on the transaction to try and have it stopped.

I cant belibe a simple .com/ .net has caused all of this crap.

Re: Gunpal the gunfriendly paypal?

I was wanting to use "Gunpal" myself for purchases & to possibly receive payments. For now your doing the right thing, calling your card company to dispute the transaction. I'll do some checking on my end to see if I can get through to them. Also, you will need to assistance of the seller (person you sent funds to) if he or she is willing to help, you will get this resolved faster.

Make sure to post the outcome. I just heard about gunpal a few weeks ago and was waiting till I read more before dealing with them.

I signed up with them online and it took them about 3 weeks to confirm I have a valid account. I have money in my account now happens I guess I will see what happens once I try to withdraw some.

With the BS you have to put up with Paypal I hope everybody switches over.

Hi Ben, I saw this message and I looked up our support staff's logs.

Tue, Dec 29 2009 10:34pm - customer reported problem.
Tue, Dec 29 2009 11:00pm - transaction refunded

However your post was at 1PM on Dec 29. I don't see any records in support prior to 10:34PM. If you have a chance, please contact me as I would like to find out how we could have gotten on the problem more quickly.

At anyrate, please note that if anything like this happens we are there for you and will take every step to resolve the problem as soon as possible.

Thanks for choosing GUNPAL!

I have a feeling Paypal wouldn't have resolved this issue as quickly as it appears Gunpal did. I think a support telephone number would be a nice addition, however.

Ben Cannon,

I just confirmed my account on your site and noticed a small typo. On the account confirmation page, it says, "Thankyou for confirming your email address". You should put a space between Thank and you. I'll let you know if I find more errors.

Well, if a response from the CEO on an internet forum doesn't convince people that this is a better way to go then I don't know what will.

I signed up a few weeks ago and have not followed through on using it. I'm going to work on that this week.

@huntler: Thanks! I take the RKBA pretty seriously. My content delivery network; GeoVario actually hosts the 'hide though I tend to lurk here more than anything.
smile.gif

While I can't be everywhere, GUNPAL is serious about staying in touch with our customers and community. We want to build the payments engine YOU desire!

@moonraker: good catch, thanks! I'll tell the boys.

Just sold some 30MM rings on "Snipers-Hide" & have a "Gunpal" account set up. I'm going to request that the buyer use "GunPal" for the transaction.

As part of "activiation" process, I was sent 2 small payments from "Gunpal". I opened my online bank account information & the 2 payments have been posted to my bank account. My "GunPal"account is now activated.

"GunPal" Chairman - BEN CANNON - this payment process is greatly appreciated. Please keep the Snipers Hide forum up to date on any changes. Thanks!

Thanks benich! Glad to have you and other members of the 'hide onboard, we'll keep you in the loop and will be making the rounds at SHOT 2010, come say hello!

I signed up with Gun Pal and was approved with in minutes. And within minutes I sent a $1450 payment for a Gunbroker purchase. I have only used it once but it was easier by far than Pay Pal. Which I no longer have anyway because of a lower reciever sale. Warning to anyone if Pay Pal catches you and you have money in your account they will hold it. They held my $550 90 days. I called, emailed, did everything but get an attorney. They in no way shape or form would give me my money until after that time. Screw the liberal Pay Pal Nazi's. Long live Gun Pal. Thanks Gun Pal for making a gun friendly site.
pix773836734.jpg

I would love to ditch paypal all together, but there's so many places they have dug in to, it's almost impossible to not have it. Especially if you do any selling on ebay. I think I'll open a gunpal account and see how many of my paypal transactions I can get over to here.

I also hate Paypal! But there is no getting around them if you use Ebay. I sold a rifle over a week ago and I told the buyer to use Gunpal. I made an account on Gunpal the moment I heard about it. I signed up using a credit card though. The buyer signed up and paid me though Gunpal. Little did I know I would not be able to get to my money. It seems the only way you can get your money from Gunpal is through direct deposit to your bank account. So I gave them all my bank info because I needed to get to my $800. I was told that 2 charges would appear on my bank statement. Well that was a week ago and I still cant get to my money. I have sent them a couple of emails but no response yet. So here I am over a week later rifle has been sold and sent away but still I am sitting here without my money. I can see the money in my account but I cant touch it. I am very frustrated and if I would have known It was going to take God knows how long to get my money I would have taken my chances with Paypal. And I hate Paypal. Seems there is no way of winning this battle at the present time. In short if you are not prepared to wait a month for your money don't use Gunpal. I'm bummed I need that money! That is y I sold one of my prized possessions. Because I needed money in a hurray. This sucks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ransacklv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I also hate Paypal! But there is no getting around them if you use Ebay. I sold a rifle over a week ago and I told the buyer to use Gunpal. I made an account on Gunpal the moment I heard about it. I signed up using a credit card though. The buyer signed up and paid me though Gunpal. Little did I know I would not be able to get to my money. It seems the only way you can get your money from Gunpal is through direct deposit to your bank account. So I gave them all my bank info because I needed to get to my $800. I was told that 2 charges would appear on my bank statement. Well that was a week ago and I still cant get to my money. I have sent them a couple of emails but no response yet. So here I am over a week later rifle has been sold and sent away but still I am sitting here without my money. I can see the money in my account but I cant touch it. I am very frustrated and if I would have known It was going to take God knows how long to get my money I would have taken my chances with Paypal. And I hate Paypal. Seems there is no way of winning this battle at the present time. In short if you are not prepared to wait a month for your money don't use Gunpal. I'm bummed I need that money! That is y I sold one of my prized possessions. Because I needed money in a hurray. This sucks.
</div></div>

You realize your not the only one with problems from them. Check out this thread and there are others like it on other sites. http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1872332&gonew=1#UNREAD

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Retoocs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Keep in mind that when you use gunpal, you are supporting RKBA movement in California and abroad. </div></div>

Yes, and apparently this is being done by donating the value of whatever you may have sold!!!!
grin.gif
cool.gif
grin.gif

<span style="font-size: 8pt"><span style="color: #00CCCC">(yes, that was a joke....) </span></span>